Stall Converter Big Enough?

i would say it's going to help, but my cam didn't kick in till 3400 and mine has less duration and is on a 113 lsa. However keep in mind the higher stalls like 3800 are not to much fun to drive in the city. and i would expect the PI converter to stall around 2800, they seem to be very tight.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i would say it's going to help, but my cam didn't kick in till 3400 and mine has less duration and is on a 113 lsa. However keep in mind the higher stalls like 3800 are not to much fun to drive in the city.

its not only the duration that plays the roll in RPM bands, lobes agressiveness, ICL, LSA etc. . . . .

Is it a 9.5" or 10.5"?

Its gotta be a 9.5'. PI has real trouble getting a 10.5" to stall that high, could be done but not likely.

Your converter will be fine for your cam as I take it you are not going to be a 100% race truck correct? If you were a 100% race truck then I would have done a 4000 or something like it :P

As 12'SROCK stated, there is many factors for optimizing your converter selection not just int/exh duration. Sure, I think you would gain some ET with a higher stall converter but do you really want that? I didn't. I have a PI "3400" stall now and it behaves like a 3600 just cruising around the local back roads. My cam (248/252) would love to have a 4200 stall converter but I am not a race truck, just a weekend warrior and not a DD. To sum it all up, IMHO you made a good choice on a converter for a moddest DD truck. :cheers:

personally, i think you would have been ok with a 3600-3800 i run a 9.5, STR1.69, 3800 daily and love it!! running a 232/238 cam. wasnt a big difference between the 3200 i had before until you hit the gas at WOT ;)

but by all means you'll be very happy with that 3200 :)

Its gotta be a 9.5'. PI has real trouble getting a 10.5" to stall that high, could be done but not likely.

Your converter will be fine for your cam as I take it you are not going to be a 100% race truck correct? If you were a 100% race truck then I would have done a 4000 or something like it :P

As 12'SROCK stated, there is many factors for optimizing your converter selection not just int/exh duration. Sure, I think you would gain some ET with a higher stall converter but do you really want that? I didn't. I have a PI "3400" stall now and it behaves like a 3600 just cruising around the local back roads. My cam (248/252) would love to have a 4200 stall converter but I am not a race truck, just a weekend warrior and not a DD. To sum it all up, IMHO you made a good choice on a converter for a moddest DD truck. :cheers:

ya thats my situation... i still drive it for the most part but i also like killing fords, dodges, imports

:D:jester::D

well will my stall be better on my truck on spray? ones of my buddies told me that that spray likes a higher stall...

NO2 has nothing to do with stall. . . only that if your FI/NO2 you need to have anti-ballooning plate on the converter due to instand power increase

NO2 has nothing to do with stall. . . only that if your FI/NO2 you need to have anti-ballooning plate on the converter due to instand power increase

if he sprays off the line the stall speed should increase correct? i think thats what he was asking. The stall is based off a certain amount of HP and tq for a specific weight of a vehical, if you alter any of those points the stall should change, correct? If i have a 3800 in my truck and krambo puts my converter in it should stall higher for him because of his power level. ?

if he sprays off the line the stall speed should increase correct? i think thats what he was asking. The stall is based off a certain amount of HP and tq for a specific weight of a vehical, if you alter any of those points the stall should change, correct? If i have a 3800 in my truck and krambo puts my converter in it should stall higher for him because of his power level. ?

Yes typically true. Weight and power will impact the stall rpm.