Hid On Drl's

lunaru03

Why would you want to?

To use them as a foglight during the night...I have mine LOW beam connected to the HI beams in order to have 4 lights on instead just the HI's. And I was wondering to connect the DRL's as well to the HI beams just to have a brighter light during night drivings.

Gotcha. I know that you can run a diode to have the DRLs on with high beams, but don't know if you could do HID lights in them.

I think is could be possible, since the connector in the markers seems to be like a 9006 or 9005 bulb connector. I just wanted to check if someone around here have ever tried this. If nt, I will take the challenge.

You could. I've done it before on my friends suburban. Laws will mess with you though if you have fogs, lows, and drl hids on for being more then 6 lights on at one time. Pretty straight forward Tap into the drl wires for the signal to turn them on and off and mount the ballast. Only problem was the 9006 bulb didnt fit in exactly so i used a little bracket and some black silicone. Be sure the seals are good it would suck if water condensation where to leak in and ruin your lights. And as a precaution i used a hid relay harness to draw the power for the ballasts straight from the battery. I didnt want to draw to much from the factory harness and short circuit something just to be safe. Just my .02

You could. I've done it before on my friends suburban. Laws will mess with you though if you have fogs, lows, and drl hids on for being more then 6 lights on at one time. Pretty straight forward Tap into the drl wires for the signal to turn them on and off and mount the ballast. Only problem was the 9006 bulb didnt fit in exactly so i used a little bracket and some black silicone. Be sure the seals are good it would suck if water condensation where to leak in and ruin your lights. And as a precaution i used a hid relay harness to draw the power for the ballasts straight from the battery. I didnt want to draw to much from the factory harness and short circuit something just to be safe. Just my .02

I knew It would be possible to do this. I'll try what you mention. Thanks