Suspenion Drop, Need Advice!

hndaklr

I have an 04 crew cab that I'm trying to decide on a suspension drop. I saw some pics of a red and black single cabs on here that are pretty low. I wanna do a 5\7 on 22''s but I dont know if I will have issues with rubbing. Can anyone chime in on this? Also, where can I find a 22'' ss wheel in silver finish? What tires would I need? Thanks in advance!

Search for Supercharged06ss, he has a crew cab w/ a 4/6 on 22"s. Also the 22" SS wheels only come in chrome, you will have to have them powder coated silver.

If you want a 5/7 then you will need.

Front.

2" drop spindels

3" drop springs

New shocks

Rear.

Flip kit

C-notch

1" drop shackle

New shocks

and if you plan on towing or anything you will need helper bags.

anybody know anything about the djm kit with control arms? my buddy sadi he can get me the 5-7 kit with front control arms and a flip kit for the rear with shocks for around $700. But he does 4x4 stuff so he has no idea of the quality of the djm kit. Anyone?

You can run 22s on a 265-35 tire without rubbing if you can get a high offset. I think the SS replicas can be had in a +30 offset, and you'll be fine with that. You might rub on bumps from your driveshaft that low though, because its a 1-piece. DJM is a good kit, but I went with 2" springs and Mcgaughys spindles instead of control arms.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 2006 red single cab wit ha 5/7 drop. 2" drop springs and 3" spindles with 6" flip kit and 1" shackle in rear. i did wanna add a block to my flip kit cuz it rides horrible. the shackle for the extra in is the way to go. the only problem with a 5/7 is in the rear u go so low ur driveshaft hits a crossmember.. u have to buy a kit or u can cut a half circle out of the bottom of it.. and weld some supprt on top to make up for the cut. i have 265 365 22 tires. rarely rub. if so.. nothing bad