Loading Atv In Bed

BigCountry

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could remove the tailgate and have the ramps rest right on the bed of the truck......

then you'll just scratch up the bed...I would roll up a towell or something and stick under the ramp forks where it hooks on the tail gate to give it some padding.

then you'll just scratch up the bed...I would roll up a towell or something and stick under the ramp forks where it hooks on the tail gate to give it some padding.

Good point Brad. If you have a bed liner or bed mat, there shouldn't be a problem with gouging the bed.......if you don't then use Brad's suggestion, it kills me to see a scratched up truck bed.

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I haul my Cub Cadet garden tractor in mine and I lay a microfiber towel (any towel would work) where the ramps sit on the tailgate for a little protection, when I had it Line-X'ed I didn't do the tailgate cap. Another thing to really watch is the tailgate cables, check them often. The original cables (GM had a recall on them) would rust at the bend and would break really easy doing major damage to the tailgate and possible injury to the operator.

I would recomend a BedRug. I like Line-X but seen many trucks get that and they still scrape the bed. Could have been a thin coat? I love my Bedrug. Loaded a snowmobile on my SS with track studs, and not one scrape or hole...I know both have lifetime warranties for the original customer.

Even if you have a spray-in liner (Rhino, Linex, whatever) it does not cover over the SSS spoiler. So if you were to put the ramps on your tailgate they would hit the spoiler. So I think he is asking what we all do to avoid this. YES? I put a 2X6 with a 2X4 on top of that across the tailgate and put the ramps on that. It lifts it enough so the ramps don't touch the spoiler and scratch it up.

Even if you have a spray-in liner (Rhino, Linex, whatever) it does not cover over the SSS spoiler. So if you were to put the ramps on your tailgate they would hit the spoiler. So I think he is asking what we all do to avoid this. YES? I put a 2X6 with a 2X4 on top of that across the tailgate and put the ramps on that. It lifts it enough so the ramps don't touch the spoiler and scratch it up.

they sprayed mine to where it covered the spoiler it looks good ill post a pic of it

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

they sprayed mine to where it covered the spoiler it looks good ill post a pic of it

That looks good :thumbs: My LineX is under the rail, but I did not pay to have it done, the dealership did. So mine stops where the spoiler begins.