Powermaster Alternator!

fast4popper

I originally had an Ohio generator alternator on my truck, i was a little depressed with the output voltage being between 13.4 and 13.8 when at highway speeds. I contacted Power master to see what they have to offer and here is what i came up with.

It is a direct bolt on, self exciting alternator with a dial up voltage anywhere between 12.5 to 18.5 volts. ( i have it set at 14.9 on the output side of the alternator) idle amperage is 125, highway speed amperage depends on voltage, but with mine set where it is, its nearing 300 amps of current. Now i will NEVER pull that much, but its sure nice knowing its there :) I will say this alternator is NOT cheep, 680$ is the retail price to an over the counter customer, but with my recent publication in Truckin' and my connections in the audio industry, i picked it up at a substantially lower price.

Some of you might ask why i didnt do a polsih or chrome one, for one, chrome holds heat, and with this being the older GM large case the tight spaces wouldnt look right polished in the corners. (they warned me of this before i ordered it) and besides, you dont see the thing anyway, its behind my blower and under my intake. I did however paint the fan black to make it less noticable.

so without further delay... here are some pics!

post-5722-1226426423_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1226426435_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1226426444_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1226426450_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1226426461_thumb.jpg

Question for ya Chris. What kind of clips do you have holding the power wires running along the top of the firewall? I am looking for clips to do the same thing however I can't make out what your clips look like.

Nice piece for sure! So I guess it has an external adjustable regulator...its nice to have that control. BTW, I wouldn't have done the polished either...it takes away from the BLOWER! :cheers:

Question for ya Chris. What kind of clips do you have holding the power wires running along the top of the firewall? I am looking for clips to do the same thing however I can't make out what your clips look like.

Nice piece for sure! So I guess it has an external adjustable regulator...its nice to have that control. BTW, I wouldn't have done the polished either...it takes away from the BLOWER! :cheers:

they are nothing more than 50lb zipties with holes in them. i get them at work. if you want some PM me and i can send you a bag of 100. i just cut them so you cant see where i cut the rest of the zip ties off. OR i can get the DUAL 4 gauge or DUAL 0 gauge ones with the holes in the middle to run 2 power wires side by side. lemme know.

thanks for the props on the alternator! :cheers: