Me Against A 96 Impala Ss

bubba3689

this guy in a ss wants to run for cash. my friend has a body shop and worked on the car before he is bone stock. how would i do. I ran a 14.7 in the 1/4 on a hot day and a 3/4 tank of gas. If i lose the gas and a cooler day do i have a chance.

Edited by inSSane (see edit history)

I raced my brothers impala ss 1996 when i had allmost the same mods as you and i smoked him about 2 truck lenth,their not that fast on low end but be carefull i drove my brothers car in the freeway and it moves.race him from light to light and you should smoke him :cheers:

i owned a 94 Impala SS, bone stock with nothing done to it. it has 260hp. very quick on the top end. mine was around 300hp with what was done to it. so was pretty quick on take off and top end. those are sleeper cars, especially to the tuner crowd, spanked a few of them. my 03SSS now though, i think would still smoke the impy ss with no problem.

A stock 96 Imp is about a 15 second car 265 HP 3:08 posi rearend and about 4400 lbs. Your truck stock is 345 HP with 4:10's AWD at about 5500 lbs. Even though you are heavier you should have no problem in a race from a dead stop. Now if you did a rolling start say like on a freeway he would walk you on the top end.

I own both but, my 96 Imp is far from stock. So to use my car for a comparison to my truck wouldn't even be possible.