Need Thoughts On Rear Suspension Setup

BigCountry

I've got Velvet ride shackles out back. They lowered the rear about .5" and ride great. But, I'm wanting to go another couple of inches and was thinking about going with a set of hangers, but don't know how bad that would through off the pinion angle without using "drop" shackles in conjunction. I'm sure it would be nothing that I couldn't cure with shims, but wondering if there may be something that I'm over looking.

Don't do front leaf spring hangers, you'll totally foul-up the pinion alignment; use Belltech 2" rear drop shackles. We've done this on a few different 2WD trucks and it's always a 2" drop and never an issue, no shimming required.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

i agree with steve. if go with a drop hanger/shackle kit, thats the best way to go. your gonna have a factory ride with that little of a drop and save your pinion angle. with or without your velvet rides. i dont think it matters if you keep them or get rid of them. your gonna have a nice factory ride with only a 2 inch drop. unless you get stiffer shocks

Thanks for the input guys, I guess this idea came about when reading the SS owners were having success with a McGaughys 3" kit using the botom hole in the shackles and the top hole in the hangers. The bottom hole in the shackles should only net about a 1" drop, my VR shackles net about .5" drop. The Vr's have greatly improved my ride and don't wish to go back stock. Maybe using the hangers on the bottom hole will be OK. I know it seems like a lot of effort for 1-2" of drop, but I'm anal that way, I managed to drop the read of a HD Quadrasteer 7.5" with a notch when everyone told me there was nothing for my application. I may just try this out and see. Thanks again.

Don't do front leaf spring hangers, you'll totally foul-up the pinion alignment; use Belltech 2" rear drop shackles. We've done this on a few different 2WD trucks and it's always a 2" drop and never an issue, no shimming required.

Mr. P. :)

HAHA funny you metioned that, I had a wicked vibration, turns out my u-joint bolts where hitting the driveshaft because of how my truck was lowered and my crappy pinion angle. Yeah, its a headache. but i got it fixed, the hardest part was finding the center pin that goes in there.