Ipod/aux Input On '04 Bose 6 Disc/xm For $5

shaun315

I bought a $20 Harman Kardon Drive+Play off Amazon to hook up my iPod to my '04 SS with the Bose 6 Disc + XM, but didn't want to use the FM modulator method.

I don't use XM anymore, so I hacked a $5 headphone cable into the factory wiring harness, and now have an AUX input into the head unit for any audio source instead of XM (The head unit just thinks its playing XM).

Anyone here interested in details? I'll post a follow up for anyone wanting to save some money by splicing a few wires.

It works great either plugged directly into the iPod or the Drive+Play, no fuzz or static, just turn the radio to the XM band and it plays whatever is plugged into the new input. Of course, the head unit won't display or control the iPod, that's what the Drive+Play is for.

I'm not sure what model years this works on, but i would assume '04-'06 with the XM input. Also, you'll lose your XM connection, but if your subscription is expired, who cares...

• 2 weeks later...