What's Up Everyone?

Kim

So it's probably been a couple of months since I posted or anything. I have good reason though. I couldn't handle seeing all the trucks. Let's see...I had a major lapse in judgement and let a friend borrow my truck. Well she wrecked it, of course, cause thats my luck these days. To make it even better...ready for this...I didn't have insurance on it. So it's sitting at another friends house. I went back and forth on whether to keep it or sell it or part it out. I decided to keep it, cause it's not worth crap right now. It's pretty bad...worse mechanically than when I wrecked it last year. The frames bent, so you can just imagine what all else is wrong with it. But I'll get it fixed..probably take a long while, but it's worth it. I'm dealing with it all better now...the friend that wrecked WILL be paying for repairs. I don't care if I have to pay it and it takes her 10 years to pay me back. And I know I'm a retard for letting someone else drive my truck, especially with no insurance...so you don't have to tell me that again. Heard it enough. Just thought I'd drop in and say hey and give an update.

Bumper lights are still good, just took em out cause they won't stay

cellphonepics081.jpg

cellphonepics082.jpg

cellphonepics077.jpg

cellphonepics066.jpg

cellphonepics068.jpg

One of my wheels are destroyed, so there's a spare on it

cellphonepics083.jpg

Next two are the passenger fender well...I don't know how it got so smashed in

cellphonepics084.jpg

cellphonepics085.jpg

cellphonepics075.jpg

cellphonepics072.jpg

cellphonepics074.jpg

cellphonepics080.jpg

Wow :omg: I hate to see that happen to anyones truck, especially yours Kim. And it always seems to happen when someone else is driving your pride and joy. Looks like it took a pretty hard lick and I hate to see such a nice truck as you have in that condition. Keep your head up and think positive and it will all come back together for you in time. If you need any help finding anything let us know and we will do all we can to help you out. :thumbs:

I know it's my own fault...I actually found someone that was going to put a new frame under it and fix everything at cost. He was going to do it all for about 5 grand. Obviously, I couldn't come up with the money. But "it is what it is". It's now my project instead of my DD.

She swerved to miss hitting some dumbass guy walking down the road. Hit an embankment...went up and over it. If she had went off the road alittle further or before down the road, it probably wouldn't be so bad. The guy walking up the road took off and was long gone before the police got there.

Wow :omg: I hate to see that happen to anyones truck, especially yours Kim. And it always seems to happen when someone else is driving your pride and joy. Looks like it took a pretty hard lick and I hate to see such a nice truck as you have in that condition. Keep your head up and think positive and it will all come back together for you in time. If you need any help finding anything let us know and we will do all we can to help you out. :thumbs:

Thanks. As soon as I'm able to start looking for parts...I'll probably come askin around here first.

Wow Kim so sorry to hear whats going on with the truck...Glas you stuck by it and decided to fix it! If you need anything let us know and hopefully things will be looking up for you.

Thanks for the support.

Wow! Honestly, I would part it out or sell it to a junk yard and subtract the book value from what you get in return and charge your friend the difference. Then find a new (used) one. There is some heavy damage there and the cost to repair will be more than its worth IMHO.

Good luck and I hope no one was seriously hurt.

:omg: :omg:

Ouch, sorry to hear the news Kim.....that is why I don't let anyone drive my truck. I agree with Kevin, it would be more cost effective to part it out and find a decent used one. Seeing how this was the 2nd decent front end wreck your truck was in, insurance would have totalled it anyway.

Oh wow, this sure is some bad news, I am so sorry to see this all happen to you. The story and pictures are bringing :tear: to my eyes. What you are going through is the exact reason I will never let anyone drive mine.

I feel really bad in saying this, but I would have to agree with fireman and krambo on parting it out for sale and then charge your friend the balance. I think you are looking at way to much money to fix, maybe over 12 grand?

I wish you luck and please stay around and keep us all posted on how the surgery is going, if you wish to go that route. :chevy:

Wow! Honestly, I would part it out or sell it to a junk yard and subtract the book value from what you get in return and charge your friend the difference. Then find a new (used) one. There is some heavy damage there and the cost to repair will be more than its worth IMHO.

Good luck and I hope no one was seriously hurt.

:withstupid:

:omg: :omg:

Ouch, sorry to hear the news Kim.....that is why I don't let anyone drive my truck. I agree with Kevin, it would be more cost effective to part it out and find a decent used one. Seeing how this was the 2nd decent front end wreck your truck was in, insurance would have totalled it anyway.

:withstupid:

Oh wow, this sure is some bad news, I am so sorry to see this all happen to you. The story and pictures are bringing :tear: to my eyes. What you are going through is the exact reason I will never let anyone drive mine.

I feel really bad in saying this, but I would have to agree with fireman and krambo on parting it out for sale and then charge your friend the balance. I think you are looking at way to much money to fix, maybe over 12 grand?

I wish you luck and please stay around and keep us all posted on how the surgery is going, if you wish to go that route. :chevy:

:withstupid: I hate to say it, too, but I agree with these guys. You'd be better off finding a nice used one, keep some of the good stuff off of yours, (Wheels, whatever else, ect.), and part it out, or salvage. $5K is cheap to fix it. Sounds too cheap judging by the damage in those pictures. I see them on craigslist here for $13-14K.