How To Tell If My Truck Has Been Dropped.

TX-SS

Well I bought my truck used, and never got to talk to the original owner since he traded it to a dealer, so I had no idea of the mods other than the obvious ones. I think it has been lowered, but I want to find out how much, and what components he used. How can I do this?

For the front check the spindels (if they say "mcgaughy" or "belltech") that way you know they are aftermarket.

For the rear check to see if the shackle is long (since the stock shackle is short)

Or i guess take measurements and someone whit a stock ss can compare them.

I am going out right now to measure my truck, front and rears. It is completely stock, will have measurements in 10 minutes.

few minutes later....

35 inches up front

36 in rear

centered my measuring tape along the center of my rim from the ground up to the wheel well/body panel.

I think you might be stock. Did you get a warranty with the truck or no? I know my dealer is extremely tight and wont allow any mods watsoever, but each dealership is different. Any idea what color they used to powdercoat your rims? I think that color would match a black ss nicely, I have a powdercoater in town. I saw your truck for sale on the net, real nice truck.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

I am going out right now to measure my truck, front and rears. It is completely stock, will have measurements in 10 minutes.

few minutes later....

35 inches up front

36 in rear

centered my measuring tape along the center of my rim from the ground up to the wheel well/body panel.

I think you might be stock. Did you get a warranty with the truck or no? I know my dealer is extremely tight and wont allow any mods watsoever, but each dealership is different. Any idea what color they used to powdercoat your rims? I think that color would match a black ss nicely, I have a powdercoater in town. I saw your truck for sale on the net, real nice truck.

Thanks alot man, and ya I got a warranty, and I have no idea what the color is for the rims, its black, but not flat black.