Avic D3 Restarts Song/scans Radio When Turning Ignition Off

haul@ss

As you all know, our trucks have the feature that keeps playing the music even after the key is taken out of the ignition and shuts off when one of the doors is opened.

Now when I listen to a CD with the Pioneer Avic D3, it still lets me listen to music after taking the key out, but it restarts the song from the beginning.. And if I'm listening to the radio, it scans through my preset stations rapidly.

I figured out that if I wanna get out of the truck and hop back in and continue the song from where I previously left off at, I have to first open my door, AND THEN turn the ignition off completely. This is the only way to prevent the song from restarting or to keep it on the radio station I was previously listening to while I was driving.

I have a PESWIPS also and when I press any button on my steering wheel after turning the ignition off, the volume level gets rapidly gets louder automatically until I open a door to shut it off...

The touchscreen also doesn't work with the key out of the ignition.

If it matters at all, I do have the bose system and the bypass mod.

My harness is a GMAH24B.

Is the yellow wire not getting a constant 12v or something? It still retains stuff like my background, radio presets and other settings... I'm lost. Help? haha

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I knew an answer to your questions.. I just wanted to say that I have had nothing but problems with my D3 since its been installed. The GPS originally thought I was in LA, when i was in MD.. then i disconnected everything and i was back in MD.. a month later I disconnected the battery.. now Im apparently back in LA..

I wish I knew an answer to your questions.. I just wanted to say that I have had nothing but problems with my D3 since its been installed. The GPS originally thought I was in LA, when i was in MD.. then i disconnected everything and i was back in MD.. a month later I disconnected the battery.. now Im apparently back in LA..

the problem you are facing is the system is jsut resetting from a disconnected battery until it finds the satellites. kinda like your cell phone has to start up when you disconnect the battery. doesnt sound like a prob to me. just booting up.

As you all know, our trucks have the feature that keeps playing the music even after the key is taken out of the ignition and shuts off when one of the doors is opened.

Now when I listen to a CD with the Pioneer Avic D3, it still lets me listen to music after taking the key out, but it restarts the song from the beginning.. And if I'm listening to the radio, it scans through my preset stations rapidly.

I figured out that if I wanna get out of the truck and hop back in and continue the song from where I previously left off at, I have to first open my door, AND THEN turn the ignition off completely. This is the only way to prevent the song from restarting or to keep it on the radio station I was previously listening to while I was driving.

I have a PESWIPS also and when I press any button on my steering wheel after turning the ignition off, the volume level gets rapidly gets louder automatically until I open a door to shut it off...

The touchscreen also doesn't work with the key out of the ignition.

If it matters at all, I do have the bose system and the bypass mod.

My harness is a GMAH24B.

Is the yellow wire not getting a constant 12v or something? It still retains stuff like my background, radio presets and other settings... I'm lost. Help? haha

without having your truck in front of me, i have no answer for you. there are too many vairables. as for the steering wheel controls needing a relay, I would say NO.

the problem you are facing is the system is jsut resetting from a disconnected battery until it finds the satellites. kinda like your cell phone has to start up when you disconnect the battery. doesnt sound like a prob to me. just booting up.

How can I get it to read my actual position? I've had the map disc in for about 2 weeks, and It still wont recognize where I am?

How can I get it to read my actual position? I've had the map disc in for about 2 weeks, and It still wont recognize where I am?

does the antenna for the Nav have a clear view of the sky? thats the only thing that knows where you are. also make sure its plugged into the back of the unit

thats a weird ass problem, I have the same thing with the bypass done and it works fine. 2 times since I put it in I took the key out and opened the door and it stayed ON by itself... maybe its something internal??? I know ive heard about a bunch of problems with em but mine is great.

mightbstock- mine always does that when I disconnect the battery- it shows me in LA til I drive for a little while it finds me- my antenna is mounted under the plastic dash cover. Maybe you need to have the antenna mounted on a metal surface? I think I read something about that...

Have you tried avic411.com? They always have answers there

I think your l.a. problems is due to the truck wanting to be in Beautifal Sunny Cal :D .

Sorry, I just had to. I have no idea other than place the nav antenna out in the clear.

If you take the dash completely off, you'll see that theres metal support piece near the middle. Its kind of flexible so you can bend a part to make it flat and mount the gps antenna on that. Mine said I was in LA but after a little driving around, it corrected itself.

fox, i don't have the updated ones but i think you can get them off of avic411.com

I had this problem. You need to hook the steering wheel adapter to the RAP power going to the deck. Otherwise the HU stays on and the steering wheel controls throw it a bunch of wacky signals, when the steering wheel adapter turns off with the ignition.

hmm... i'll have to chekc that out. thanks

kind of off topic but you guys with the D3, any of you have the updated maps? If so can someone burn me some copies, I just got a d3 and didn't receive the NAV discs, it was used of course.

I'm in the same boat as fox forma but I have 1 disk and am missing the other.