Man O Man If I Had An Extra 129,999-160,000......

eddieo818

The Year One Bandit T/A is WAAAYYYY overpriced for what you get. Ridiculously overpriced. I'll even go so far as to say rip-off.

A '77 Trans Am 4-spd was my first car, I miss it. :tear: Had many automotive misadventures in that car :driving:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Thats ballpark price for a handbuilt turnkey Concours d'Elegance quality automobile. I personally wouldnt spend that on one myself, but rather a new ZR1 or something equivalent. However, I have seen dozens of classic cars like a 69 Camaro with a custom LS7 and complete custom frame go for $125k. I dont think many people realize the man hours that go into a machine like that. An LS7 alone is $13k, plus the trans, and all the frame and custom chassis work. Plus, when you put a mirror under that chassis, it better look better than anything ever produced in a factory. It is a true work of art. Of course, they are making a profit, possibly even a large profit, but last time I checked, none of us work for free either.

Thats ballpark price for a handbuilt turnkey Concours d'Elegance quality automobile...

Totally agree, however the quality of the Year One Bandit TAs is nowhere close to Concours d'Elegance. Word on the grapevine amongst car builders is that it's a nice resto-mod but the quality in some areas is just crappy especially for the pricetag. Of course that's all hearsay from sources I trust, I have not seen one in person but even so 160-grand??? It's not the car I have a problem with, it's the pricetag, I just don't see $160K in work represented there. Then again if there are folks out there that are willing to buy those cars at that price then hey Year One go for it!

Mr. P. :)

I watched the show they had when they first came out. Car was awesome ......then I looked at the prices. If I had money than yea, but I'd rather build my own.
:withstupid: I'd much rather build my own.

The nice thig is that alot of the parts used to build those are offered in their catalog. The fiberglass facias, wheels, ect.