Front Ducts

I was washing my truck the other day and was fussing over a tiny mark on my front bumper. Then I looked down and saw this damn malarchy!

100_0441.jpg

The black material in the recessed areas of the silver front ducts is flaking off. Has anyone else had this issue?

What have others done to fix this? I can think of a half a dozen crappy fixes, but was thinking of taking them out and painting the edges black.

Looks like it is just a $hitty decal. I'm assuming these is not a replacement decal for this, unless you purchase the entire duct from the dealer.

Not a big deal i guess, but bothers me nonetheless.

***UPDATE***

I'm still looking to fix my peeling duct issue... Upon searching GMpartsdirect.com I thought I found the needed OEM duct trim to fix the issue.

I ordered GM part number 15197886 ("Tape") shown on the below mentioned diagram. What I recieved was a $15 dollar rectangle piece of 3M transparent tape???

Kinda pissed me off because the diagram shows this as the trim around the duct. :angry: Has anyone found the correct part to fix this issue? What exactly does the clear peice of tape supposed to do? Any help would be much appreciated.

If all else fails, I guess I will just paint the duct surrounds. :dunno:

Tape.jpg

100_0450.jpg

Edited by NebraSSka truck (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic