Front Ducts

this is like what I posted a while back my front bumper and some back cladding is doing the same and looks the same black underneath the paint it sucks I talked to a body shop and all ya can do is get them striped all the way down and re painted about 500 just for a front bumper to be repainted

Is there some stuff we can spray on the bumper ducts before painting that will help the paint not peel? I'll probably take mine off next week and paint them again.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some stuff we can spray on the bumper ducts before painting that will help the paint not peel? I'll probably take mine off next week and paint them again.

I would say scuff up the area, lay down acouple coats of adheison promoter, primer, paint then clear.

Here's what I did. -Worked out well for me:

I scuffed the rim of the duct surround with some steel wool / carefully masked the edge to be painted.

Used Krylon Fusion (for plastics) satin black & laid down several thin coats.

Then used a few thin coats of Krylon Fusion satin clear to finish up.

Turned out better than new when finshed. Even power washed it a few days later just to see how well it would hold up.

so far so good. :thumbsup: