Msd Wires,

Les Hall

I just installed my new MSD wires, I tried using the aluminum looking tubes the old plug wires went through, The springs in them seemed to push the MSD wires back off a little, So I just installed without them,,,am I gonna melt the MSD wires without them? I'm sure they were put on at the factory as a heatshield for the stock wires, just don't know if I should use them with these?

Edited by Les Hall (see edit history)

Are you running headers? I had msd wires on mine for around a year or so with no problems. I did switch them out when i put headers on. But as long as there not right next to the pipes you will be fine.

No headers, they rest real close to the manifold though, I may take the spring out of them then slip them over the MSD wires,

i just did mine today... those aluminum looking tubes your talkin about were to wide really for the msd wires because the wirese just went through them so i didnt use them on mine. I dont think they will make any difference but i might put them back on anyway... the wires look cool without them though :) haha.... and if your wires are close then the best part about not using them and main reason i didnt is because the MSD wires are MULTI-DIRECTIONAL and with those tubes on you CANT BEND THEM.... i figured out they were multi directional on accident to haha but it worked out for the better, its weriod how the wire can pop and bend anyway no prob but i love it!!!