Problem With My Hids

So I installed HIDs in my truck a little less then a year ago and i love them, but yesterday when i was driving home when it was dark i noticed that one of my lights did not seem just right, so when i stopped i looked and noticed my drivers side light had faded, it was not as blue as the other one. And the day before it was a blue as normal, so it just happened overnight

IMG_1147.jpg

As you can see the light on the driver side is not a bright or as blue

I know that regular bulbs fade over time but i don't know about HIDs. I also know HIDs dont like the cold and i was parked outside the night before and it was -10 outside so i wonder if that may be the problem.

Do you guys have any idea what might have caused it and how to fix it

Make sure the problem is the bulb, or the ballast - swap the bulbs, and if the dim bulb "moves" to the pass side then you know it's a bulb issue; if not, then it's a weak ballast. Once you know what the broken part is, then we just need to find you an affordable replacement...

Mr. P.

I'm 99% sure the bulb is gone. Do like Mr. P said and swap the bulbs side to side. If uit is the culprit give it a few more night drives and that bulb will go completely out. Oh and when you swap. For a new bulb order 2 new bulbs bc if not they will not match. I know from experience lol.

I'm 99% sure the bulb is gone. Do like Mr. P said and swap the bulbs side to side. If uit is the culprit give it a few more night drives and that bulb will go completely out. Oh and when you swap. For a new bulb order 2 new bulbs bc if not they will not match. I know from experience lol.

:withstupid:

Your bulb is gonna go out soon start ordering a new set.

Funny thing is that mine just did the same thing. Had mine about a year also. Another funny fact is that I live in WA state (hi neighbor) and it was liike 15 degrees that day. I wonder if the temp effects them at all? Weird.

Yea go 2 Ebay, let me look up the seller I go thru has H.I.D sets 4 like $150, replacement bulbs 4 like $40 shit its the cheapest the hold for a good while. Sellers Title ''hidking". I have a 2 sets of McCulloch kits and theyre askin like $150-$175 just for replacements. This guys replacement fits just fine, with extra wires but havent had problems 4 like 6 mths. So would u spend $150 or $40 for something u know is gonna dim anyways? Hope I could help CREW SS :cheers:

Funny thing is that mine just did the same thing. Had mine about a year also. Another funny fact is that I live in WA state (hi neighbor) and it was liike 15 degrees that day. I wonder if the temp effects them at all? Weird.

i really think so, i know that HIDs are fine if they get wet but im starting tho think they don't like the cold much.

When i left the coast where i live it was in the 30s and the bulbs were fine, but i went inland east of the cascades for one day and it was -10 that night and they were no9t working right that day, so i really think the weather can effect them.

Anybody from the really cold states like ND SD MT WY MI have any problems? I know it can get much colder in those places

did you ever get it fixed or order new bulbs? When I had one of mine go out I got some from xenongarage.com for like $1xx for the pair and they came with a warranty

i bought new bulbs they are on there way i got them from HIDSTORES.COM. They were only 27 bucks and i actually switched to 8000k's. I got them because they were cheap and if they do burn out in another year or so i will just order more at that price i dont think they were to bad of a deal plus it was free shipping