Not Blowing

BigBlack

Not Blowing?...IMO leave her and find someone who will..lol

Very nice!!! haha.. side note.. my truck doesnt blow on 5, but ill get that fixed in the spring seeing how im not driving it in hell winter

I had the same thing happen to me and it was the resistor as well. A year later It happened again. Must be an issue with our trucks :confused:

It is but it isn't, many times when a resistor goes bad it also cooks the harness/plug that plugs into it. Depending on the shop/mechanic making the repairs, they don't always check the harness/plug to see if it's burnt. So over time, the damaged harness/plug will burn the new resistor out again. Check out the resistor and harness on yours, I would bet that the harness/plug is cooked.....

It is but it isn't, many times when a resistor goes bad it also cooks the harness/plug that plugs into it. Depending on the shop/mechanic making the repairs, they don't always check the harness/plug to see if it's burnt. So over time, the damaged harness/plug will burn the new resistor out again. Check out the resistor and harness on yours, I would bet that the harness/plug is cooked.....

sure pick on the guy who dosent get blown LOL.. Thanks for all the humor and info..Fireman31 have you fixed this yourself & where would I find the harness & risistor? In the dash or under hood, electrical not my thing but can usually figure it out.

sure pick on the guy who dosent get blown LOL.. Thanks for all the humor and info..Fireman31 have you fixed this yourself & where would I find the harness & risistor? In the dash or under hood, electrical not my thing but can usually figure it out.

No I have not repaired this personally, but I do manage a 30 vehicle fleet of all Chevys. I have seen this issue 2-3 times in the last year. We switched repair shops around 1-1/2 years ago, and our current shop found some shoddy repairs by the previous mechanic(this resistor/harness issue being one of them on some vans). The blower motor and resistor are in the dash, and when it comes to replacements I would only use genuine GM or AC Delco parts.........

Thanks Dan,

I am sure they probably don't check the harness when replacing the blown resistor. He'll I wish I could do this myself as mine is out of warranty :smash: