Low Mpg

dublenut

has anyone mpg's drop over a 2 week period i went from 15mpg to 12 mpg dont know why truck seems to run fine i replaced the plugs i have msd wires,and a cai but everything was good when i did these mods but the mpg's keep dropping anyone have any ideas

I drive mine like an old lady in the winter the heat wrecks my mpg. In summer I dont use the A/C, so its a noticable difference, even the power seems a little more responsive imo with no heat or A/C on.

In the winter, to keep power loss to a minumin I just put my heat on 70 at the lowest setting, and keep my heated seats on. I like the cold though.....

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

I've seen my MPG drop pretty good since the winter has sprung, but I am guessing its because I start it and let it run for a good 10 minutes before I drive, that will def. effect it, by sitting and burning all that petrol.

Many factors can effect gas mileage, tire pressure, idle time, driving style(i.e. heavy foot), weather, etc. A dirty air/fuel filter, worn spark plugs/wires, plus a dirty MAF and TB can also contribute. This time of year, most gasoline has a 10% ethanol mix which can account for a loss in MPG too......

Many factors can effect gas mileage, tire pressure, idle time, driving style(i.e. heavy foot), weather, etc. A dirty air/fuel filter, worn spark plugs/wires, plus a dirty MAF and TB can also contribute. This time of year, most gasoline has a 10% ethanol mix which can account for a loss in MPG too......

:withstupid: heavy foot syndrome---13.7