Need Lowering Advice

00silverad0

Ok guys, I've been reading up lately and asking some people for their advice on this topic. I have it narrowed down that I want to do a 2/4. Now, there are many kits to choose from and I have a question concerning 2 kits I have my eye on.

First: Direct from Mcgaughys

2004+ SS TRUCK OR 4WD WITHOUT WELDED HANGER

PN 33041

2/3.5 DROP KIT WITH KEYS, SHACKLE HANGER

2 OR 4WD

$250 shipped

PN 11004

2/3.5 DROP KIT WITH SPINDLES, SHACKLE HANGER

2 OR 4WD

$410.00 shipped

Now DJM:

2/4 : Keys in the front, shackles/ hangers in the back w/ carrier bearing

$313.00 shipped.

I am saving round $100 by going with the keys setup however, I would rather spend the $ for it to be the best than cut corners cause its cheaper. So besides the ride quality, what is the disadvantage of the keys over the spindles?

Lookin for some advice here and opinions/ differences / advantages of one kit over the other. Thanks.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

I went with djm shackles,hangers,keys and then later added mcgaughys spindles, because I wanted more of a drop. If you go with just the keys you are more than likely going to have alignment issues. Do yourself a favor and get the spindles. Search for an article Mr P wrote it had alot of good points in it. I wish I would have found it before I lowered mine.