Plugs And Wires

jdavis4788

I recommend Taylor "409" 10.4mm wires and NGK TR55 spark plugs, all available from Summit Racing.....

TAY-79205 Taylor 409 plug wires in red

NGK-3951 NGK TR55 copper spark plugs

The spark plugs are available in platinum and iridium tips as well.

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Dont mean to jack the thread, but has anyone used or heard anything about the Pulstar spark plugs? Ive been reading a little on them and wonder if they would be beneficial to put in to the SSS?

I recommend Taylor "409" 10.4mm wires and NGK TR55 spark plugs, all available from Summit Racing.....

TAY-79205 Taylor 409 plug wires in red

NGK-3951 NGK TR55 copper spark plugs

The spark plugs are available in platinum and iridium tips as well.

i used these same plugs with copper tips and my buddy says i will have to change them like every 10k so i wish i knew they came in those other tips, but o well i like getting under the hood, as for wires i went with MSD and they look sick haha (I havent put the vortec covers back on cause i like the red) they work good too

Dont mean to jack the thread, but has anyone used or heard anything about the Pulstar spark plugs? Ive been reading a little on them and wonder if they would be beneficial to put in to the SSS?

Dont waste your money on those or the E3 plugs...AC Delco or NGK plugs work best in our trucks......

i used these same plugs with copper tips and my buddy says i will have to change them like every 10k so i wish i knew they came in those other tips, but o well i like getting under the hood, as for wires i went with MSD and they look sick haha (I havent put the vortec covers back on cause i like the red) they work good too

MSD wires are good too, but if you install headers the extra long plug boot can become an issue.....I have been running copper TR55's in my truck gapped at .040 for near 15k, but I do plan on swapping to TR55ix iridium plugs soon.

dan won't steer ya wrong. i got what he recommended and my truck feels great! thanks again dan :cheers:

:cheers:

This thread got me curious. When should our plugs be changed? I've got 27k on the truck now.

:withstupid: ...I was wondering the same thing. Ive got about 32,000 miles on my 03 with the OEM plugs.

I wanted to upgrade my plug wires and plugs (if needed). Also, how easy is it to change the plugs / wires for for a DIY'er? Any tips / tricks?

at 100K which is when your first major tune up is scheduled...manufaturer info

GM recommends it, but I would never go that far on spark plugs, 50-75k at most.......the factory plugs are Iridium tipped AC Delco plugs.

I agree with the AC iridium and wires...I don't think 100k is a good time to replace them though, unless you always drive under optimum conditions...I did mine every 50k...I have over 120k on my truck now...but i am a little OCD about my truck, as a few of us on this site are! LOL :D...Do a forum search...'sea foam' and other things really help our trucks...

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)