Need Advice

Braxton

if you dont read the novel below please answer this: Was there a recall for the gauges not working properly on our trucks? sometimes they dont work for the first 20 minutes im driving. im hoping to use this as the reason i was speeding and to avoid losing my license and jail time!

I hope you guys can help me with a big problem i got myself into. It started almost exactly one year ago, last january i began getting tickets from a cop that i truly believe had something against me. he pulled me over everytime he saw me and would write tickets for things like 2 miles over (42 in a 40) at 5:45 in the morning on my way to work. after 3 speeding tickets from this guy i moved to another town (not because of that) and i would commute almost daily on a 3 hour round trip. i did it so much and i got too comfortable.

so after 3 or 4 tickets for 90 in a 65 i went to court to ask for it to be deffered. the judge agreed because i have absolutely no criminal past. then about 3 months later i got another one. i went back and made a deal to do a weekend in jail and then be on probation for one year. and i was doing good until new years day..

i was ready to get home after being up all night and i got pulled over doing 80 in a 60 but he wrote it for 70. i dont want to go to jail for violating my probation but i would rather do jail time than lose my license. i CANT lose my license!! not just because i dont want to but because i live on a farm 20 miles from town and im too lazy to walk to work.

what do i do now? the probation was in a different county than this new ticket. should i man up and go straight to the DA that put me on probation and get everything over with? I think my last ditch effort is that i go to court, tell them my gauges werent working, show them a reciept of having them fixed (which i am planning on doing this week) and asking them to forgive my personal speed judgement oneeee morreee timeeee. im toast.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the bad guy here. Sounds to me like you need to lose your lisence for a while. If you haven't learned to keep your foot off the floor after 10-12 tickets then losing it may teach you a lesson. Sorry to be hard-nosed about it but you need to man-up, hope for the best, take your lumps and learn something.

NO, THERE IS NOT, AND NEVER WAS A RECALL.

It is a warranty extension. Most are being covered even if they are past the milage extension, as it is a known problem.

Good luck getting them to buy the fact that your guages don't work. There's a big difference between 65 and 90, or 80 and 60.

I'll be the bad guy here. Sounds to me like you need to lose your lisence for a while. If you haven't learned to keep your foot off the floor after 10-12 tickets then losing it may teach you a lesson. Sorry to be hard-nosed about it but you need to man-up, hope for the best, take your lumps and learn something.

youre right and i can only blame myself..and my fast truck :chevrolet:

how long do they usually suspend licenses for things like this?

i would have to agree...that many times...really...and the funny thing is...depending on the miles...going like 70 in a 60...you dont really gain that much time...its a waste of gas...at least for me...you save a few mins....i just do not see a point in speeding....the funniest thing i was told was when a buddy of mine, which is a cop, pulled a man over for speeding...the man says to my cop friend "why would you pull me over when everyone else is speeding too?" my cop friend said " do you go fishing? if so...do you catch every single fish in the pond?" just my .02....

Just take care of the new ticket and keep going on your probation I'm pretty positive since it was a different county you will be ok I've had 1 or 12 tickets before so I've been through some of this before minus the going to jail I found out that for 75 dollars a ticket extra an attorney can work wonders but all this was before my SS now the worst thing they get me for is 2 percent window tint

dont they have a speeding program u can go to and it voids the ticket ur only aloud 1 a year it some kind of traffic school

and guy lay off some.. everyone f@#$s up some times and there is not 2 many of us that dont have a speeding ticket i have 3 one of them was for A 98 IN A 55 i got lucky and got out of it but some times things happen like ur late for work thats wat happen to me

good luck man