Need A New Suv...what Ywould You Do?

nxtnlne

As some of you guy's know the ol' lady is pregnant with twin's!!! :crazy: . We have 2 kid's already and I'm gonna need something to sit 6 pretty damn soon. Here's what I have currently.

2006 Saab 93 2.0T with 24,000 mile's which seats 5 and is paid off.

2006 3LT..4x4 VortecMax which seat's 5 and is not paid off. I owe $21,500 and it has 25,000 miles on it. My payment for that is $495 a month.

Commen sense tell me to sell the truck or try to trade it in because the car is already paid off. Then again what if I need to haul something? Our wanna take the bicycles to tthe beach? Should I just keep both vehicles? What would you do.

I think we are leaning towards a Surburban or Tahoe for our family wagon. I'm die hard GM but I am open to other option's to save cost's. Any other idea's.

well to hear the truck might have togo but once again congrats on the twins... anyways i think the hoe would be a good choice i know the new silvy r now coming with the 6 spees so maybe the tahoes might get the same upgrade(?) along with the 6.0, so an intake a nice muffler and tune it should be a nice family wagon. good luck with it Josh keep us posted...

-Rob

I used to work on Saabs and they can get pretty expensive to fix when they break. Its usually the same things that break on em though and they are easy fixes but since it is foreign you can get ripped off by the shop easily. Thats good that its paid off, it is a sweet ass little car though. If I was in your situation I would trade in the truck on a new tahoe. They are good looking SUVs and they get decent gas mileage, I think you can tow pretty well with em too. $495 a month + another payment is a lot

IF you want to save cost dont get a Tahoe or Sub. SUVs are going by the wayside. Seriously look at the Traverse or Acadia. Or look for a trailblazer or something. Just my 2 cents

very very good point, my mom was looking at both of these. we went to drive the Treverse and i have to say their really comfortable lost of space inside and smooth... good suggestion Dan..

-Rob

are you going to buy a trailer? 6 people means a lot of luggage, then add bikes, strollers, coolers, etc. Honestly I would sell the car and buy a used van or something along those lines. Easy to get lots of kids in and luggage and move around to attend to all kids. You will never use your car again with that many people. Your truck you can still haul garbage, bikes, furniture, appliances etc, trailer, etc

Just my .02

We have 2 kids, and a year ago traded our Tahoe on a used Oldsmobile Silhouette mini van (same as a Chevy Venture/Pontiac Montana). I was one that said I would not ever own a minivan, but it has been the best vehicle ever for kids. Big wide sliding doors, low step in and out, alot more cargo room than the Tahoe, and alot better gas milage. You can get a used one pretty cheap.

keep'em both and get a quality beater that some one else is selling cheep, just not a minivan please!!!!! or if you like the tahoe or something look for those that someone cannot afford so you got all your tow capasity and still seating for 6!! Good Luck man!!

If you can handle a second vehicle payment, I say dump the Saab and get a Suburban. If having a second payment is going to be an issue, you might have to part with the truck. :(

I agree with Tim that you may be able to find a decent used minivan, now that the Saab is paid off the ball is in your court, and very well could be your bargaining tool(trade in). I would check the blue book value of the Saab for starters......

Don't dis on the minivan. I know it's not a very manly vehicle, but for kids is great. Getting 4 kids in a full size SUV strapped in, 2 of them infants, will be a chore. A minivan's not so bad when you have something bad ass sitting at home to drive.

very very good point, my mom was looking at both of these. we went to drive the Treverse and i have to say their really comfortable lost of space inside and smooth... good suggestion Dan..

-Rob

I was thinking mid size SUV. Those are some really nice vehicle but.....I don't think they can hold enough for a road trip for 6 people let alone 2 babies and all the baby gear.

are you going to buy a trailer? 6 people means a lot of luggage, then add bikes, strollers, coolers, etc. Honestly I would sell the car and buy a used van or something along those lines. Easy to get lots of kids in and luggage and move around to attend to all kids. You will never use your car again with that many people. Your truck you can still haul garbage, bikes, furniture, appliances etc, trailer, etc

Just my .02

I like the Idea of a van also. My dad had an Astro before he went SUV with a YukonXL. I must admit it was easy to move around in and did hold decent cargo. You could stack that hatch to the top in you needed to.

Damn.....I hate the Idea of 2 payment's. But I also hate the Idea of borrowing someone elses truck if I need one.

Thank's people for your 2 cent's. I'm open to anything at this point. I appreciate all post's regarding this thread. She will be driving the Family wagon the majority of the time so really within reason it's going to be her decision at the end. I have entertained the Idea of a mini van but but I'm not sure if it can handle a long trip. I'm going to have to have a look for myself at the dealer. Vw and Honda are offering no down leases right now on there Van's. Low payment, No down, New car for her every year i don't know it might happen?