New Member In Wi

Hey guys and gals! My name is Chris. Im a member on several motorcycle forums so i wont act like a total tool while im here,LOL! I understand manners and respect. I started out Drag racing NOS street cars, but that got over my wallet in a hurry! So i sold the Dually, and trailer and picked up an 05 silverado. STRIP-O model! 4.3L w/5speed 3 years ago. I love it and its been good to me towing my dragbike and supermoto bike around. Being so involved in bikes has led me to neglect my tru hotrod-ness. with that said, its time to give it the attention it deserves and i look forward to getting many, MANY ideas form all you kind folks!

Thanks for reading!

Chris

post-17040-1231025772_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone! ive just been reading a bunch, and everyone seem really cool here! As far as mods to the truck, all i have done so far was drop it a touch 3'' in front, 4" in the back. Bout as low as i want to go and keep it useful (and cheap) i still haul race track tools and supplys back there. I notched the frame at work and did my own single 3" exhaust with a flowmaster. I work at a fab shop so when i get free time from the bikes i "try" to find stuff to do. Id still like to do an SS front bumper and maybe a roll pan and wheels. Also been looking at superchargers but im undecided on a kit yet.

And ssspringer, i dig you bike! i LOVE springers! i like the "mechanical" factor. AS for my ZX9, it runs in the 8.40's @ 165+mph. its 1152cc's and 2 stages of NOS dry kits. DOT tire and no wheelie bars. i still street ride it. heres a few quick pics.

Chris

post-17040-1231038377_thumb.jpg

post-17040-1231038469_thumb.jpg

Thanks man, that thing is quick!! I enjoy going to the Harley drags at Rockingham,although i've yet to run mine,hard launches are kinda tricky with apes and foward controls!! But grabbin' a wot 2ed is fun and squirlly!! I saw a guy flip his on the line..it jumped straight up and flipped 180degrees in the air and landed on the shiney side with him face down on the line!!

Edited by ssspringer (see edit history)

Man i bet thats tricky with that set up! LOL! I run a series in IL. and they have a Harley class with some pretty quick ones. I always said if i had the money id like to build a harley drag/street bike. That guy flipping his sure had to be a sight!

Chris

Yea he was a former sand dragger..1st time on asphault..1st few runs..spun hard off the line..later he dropped the air presure and did a longer burnout and launched harder...

i went up to him after it happened and said.. " 2 words buddy...WHEELIE BARS!!!"

AS for my ZX9, it runs in the 8.40's @ 165+mph. its 1152cc's and 2 stages of NOS dry kits. DOT tire and no wheelie bars. i still street ride it. heres a few quick pics.

Chris

damn thats mooooving.

yeah so where in WI are you? I'm in West Bend but i get down the Mequon,Falls, g-town area all the time.

Brad