Abs Light Came On Today

joe2004ss

my abs light came on today i reset it an it came back on i think the sensor might be bad or maybe has some ice build up on it the brakes feel the same any ideas thanks

I kinda had the same thing happen a while ago in my truck. I thought maybe it was just a fluke at first but when it happened the 2nd time I took it in. They ended up replacing the brake controller since it was bad. I was lucky that I was still in warranty for that, hopefully it's something else for you since I doubt that thing is cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

I had it come on b4 and i replaced the sensor it went off 4 a while when i took the old sensor out it broke so i had to pick it out and use a reverse drill bit to get it out then about a month later the wheel bering went so i replaced it and it came with a new sensor so i replaced both front wheel bering's i think i got both for 550 canadian the truck had about 96000 km on it then i think the sensor its self was 120 canadian

Edited by Andy 606 (see edit history)

$250??!!! i bought the part at autozone and did it myself in like an hour. i got the hub for like 90 bucks if i remember correctly. nothing hard just a few bolts...looks like a common problem, maybe i should do a how-to

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

ya i have to pay for everything not that good with tools now i need the seat element for the heated seat i did take that apart today 80.00 for the element works again i read one of the bullitens from chevy common problem have to put it back together tomorrow

my abs light came on today i reset it an it came back on i think the sensor might be bad or maybe has some ice build up on it the brakes feel the same any ideas thanks

same thing happened on mine turned out it was my wheel bearing as wired as that sounds man...