A Lil Wiring

fast4popper

Did you decide to do the stake pockets on the bed too? Take Pics!!!

yes stake pockets too. even thought they will be under the tonno. as well as if its doable i am moving my fuel door inside the bed, maybe to a stake pocket type location. the truck will be painted 5 hours from home, so i dont know how many pics i will be able to take. but i will have the painter take some. he paints MTX's show vehicles so i know the type of work he does. I cant wait

I saw that you had the tonneau cover all wired in, but what about a separate set of pistons for the tailgate? I know usually you wire them in sync to tonneau goes up --> tailgate goes down, but it might be to have them on separate switches.

Aaaaaand, if you do that: May as well go for broke and put some pistons on the hood too. Couple of button pushes and the doors are open, tonneau is up, tailgate is down, and the hoop is open... Sounds like a show-stopper to me!

Let us know what you decide to go with, I'm watching your closely for more ideas!!!

PS: Where are you hiding all this under the dash? Is the a lot of room on the firewall behind the dash? I've never peeled the interior out of anything newer than a '92... You should see the wiring job I did on my 1985 GMC 6.2L Suburban, talk about relays!

I have thought of the hood and tailgate ideas... HMMM. lemme do some more diggin.

as for where to hide things, I have most of it where the factory sub goes. as for other room, TONS of room in our trucks. above the instrament cluster, behind the headlight switches, down below the column (i hate this location), and if you are feeling froggy take the dash cover off the top and find room for a few small children. :) oh and also dont forget under the center console, if you wanna see, pull up on your cup holders, they pop up, you will see a nice cavernous hole, and if youtake the bose amp out there is even more room. and behind the glove box. and and and :0

these are 40 amp relays and with being under the dash, no need to be sealed. if an install for a remote start took you 8 hours, then you aint chargin enough. as for the no heat shrink connectors, its all in the crimp tool. mine are the ratcheting type that dont let go till the terminal is crimped properly.

I definetly did not charge enough! It was for free. He is my Brother in Law after all. I have ssen some of your stuff around the site, from what I have seen it looks like you do outstanding work. I am getting old and slow in my old age. I aslo had to trace things out on his truck since I have not tapped into a 2000 yet, and do not have a schematic. Grabbed a couple pin outs of the net, that got me from point a to point b. I have been engineering electrical systems for 15 years, I have not been so hands on as of the last couple years due to a kid an laziness.

That is going to be a slick ride. With the money your putting into that, you may wanna look into the new system Littlefuse is offering, to control the electrical system.