Roadtrip Update!

Texas_Veteran

On December 31, 2008 at 11:35 PM my moms house caught on fire due to an electrical problem. I came here to visit for Christmas and be with family. Now I am staying around here a little longer to help her get back on her feet. This suck for her! I felt so bad that it happened. I dont' have any pictures to post up, but I will try to get some. She lost everything that she owned other than the clothes in one closet that only had smoke damage. My clothes were destroyed also. I was lucky that I had a few sets of clothing in my truck at that time. I thought my mom was in the house when it went down and I bulldozed over a fireman that was scared to go inside. When I got in there I found out that she wasn't in there, but I did manage to grab her dog. Afterwards I found out that that fireman had frozen up when it came time to go inside. It was a horrible night for us, and I hope that 2009 is a better year for my mom! I will be back on the road to California in a few days.

Damn Adrian! Sorry to hear that, let me know if you need any help with anything man. I can dig up some clothes or stuff for you. I have a microwave she can have that's extra from my house I sold, almost new... you can bring it to her next time you go.

Hit me up when you aren't too busy bro.

.....and I bulldozed over a fireman that was scared to go inside.......Afterwards I found out that that fireman had frozen up when it came time to go inside.

Ughhh I hate hearing this stuff.....it's okay to be afraid, trust me we all are....but when you are not confident in your duties/abilities as a firefighter, it's time to think twice. In a situation like that, you are not an asset or a help, you are a liability, plain and simple.....become an exterior firefighter if you are afraid to go in, there is a place for everyone on the fireground. If that guy was a probie, he should not have been left alone by any means. :ughdance:

Anywho, sorry to hear the bad news Adrian...like I stated in Bill's thread, if there is anything you or your mom need, don't hesitate to ask.....

I appreciate the kind words everyone! I think that things will be ok for her. She was just glad that everyone was ok! It sucked, but we as a family will get through it. I can't say enough about the people in this town, they are such an amazing help to us. Thanks again everyone!

it was a pleasure meeting you Adrian..I'm sorry about your mom's house again...it sounds as if the insurance guy is going to take care of her? If you need anything you know where i live.

also sorry i felt like ass when you came by..i probably wasnt as talkitive as i usaually am.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

it was a pleasure meeting you Adrian..I'm sorry about your mom's house again...it sounds as if the insurance guy is going to take care of her? If you need anything you know where i live.

also sorry i felt like ass when you came by..i probably wasnt as talkitive as i usaually am.

I appreciate everything Brad. Next time I'm out here we can get a few more people together and have a cookout or something. I'll be back this summer when I come down to pick up my daughter. I'll catch up with you then.

I appreciate everything Brad. Next time I'm out here we can get a few more people together and have a cookout or something. I'll be back this summer when I come down to pick up my daughter. I'll catch up with you then.

sounds like a plan

dood im sorry to hear that. like dan said if there is anything please ask. being in the marines there may be some resorces to help. i knoe the army we have a.c.s. and a lending closet. good luck bro and god speed