Warranty Questions

TX-SS

Hey guys, I have a couple ?'s about my warranty and what will void it and what wont. If i were to install a TC and a shift kit, I would assume that would void my warranty, true? My warranty says that I can't install non GM heads, cams, etc..or it will void it. Does this mean that I could throw on a set of L92's or LS6 heads with a big GMPP cam and still be under warranty?

Hey guys, I have a couple ?'s about my warranty and what will void it and what wont. If i were to install a TC and a shift kit, I would assume that would void my warranty, true? My warranty says that I can't install non GM heads, cams, etc..or it will void it. Does this mean that I could throw on a set of L92's or LS6 heads with a big GMPP cam and still be under warranty?

The heads and cam would without a doubt void all warranty on your drivetrain components. It is not technically legal to modify those parts on an emission controlled vehicle either.

The TC and shift kit would also void the warranty on the transmission and they would have a valid argument to deny coverage on a damaged engine, driveshaft, transfer case, or axle as well. I say engine because in order to run the TC and shift kit, you will have to run a non-stock tune. If they know the tune is not stock, they will argue that changes to the tune were the likely cause of the engine failure (even if they were not). It would be hard to win with them.

Mike