Cant Get Catalyst Monitor To Complete

slayer77

Last week on the way to work the factory cats became clogged...lost all power major misfire all the good stuff... :devil: perfect time for a dynatech longtube set up. ordered the supermaxx system for summit got it here on tuesday...finished the truck wed night. the truck sounds awsome but of course this month i needed a sticker so i drive it untill today in various conditions (highway, idle, stop and go) and have put about 200 miles on the truck. all 0b2 monitors have passed except for the catalyst and evap(prob wont pass due to the cold weather). shouldnt the catalyst have passed by now? i have monitored the o2 pids front two are switching the rears are all steady. if i were to get a tune and switch off the o2 monitors will the monitor show up as complete r should i go with simulators? any and all help is greatly appreciated

Well, since you are burning in brand new cats, it can take a bit longer for the 02s to be ready....sometimes it can take as much as 300-400 miles and as many as 25 drive cycles for them to be. How many drive cycles are in the 200 miles you drove? My advice....drive it a bit more and you should be fine.

thanks for the reply fireman31...prob have 10 trips over 25 miles (to work and back) and various other small trips. i watched the rear monitors today and they were switching at about a 2 to 1 ratio with the fronts( 2f to 1r). ill give it another week and see what happens. if that doesnt work, my best option would to get a tune right? my only concern is if the monitor will come up complete if they are turned off