Navigation Radio Installed In 05 Ss

Here are some pics it took about 10 minutes. Sorry for the crappy pics i need to clean the screen with some lcd cleaner. I zip tied the nav antenna just temporarily behind the radio until its warmer out. It was a plug and play unit that i swapped with someone one on ebay. If anyone wants to install this radio the correct part # for the touch screen nav unit is 15800000.

Thanks for the help 8hnpSS.

gallery_6093_431_14395.jpg

gallery_6093_431_10963.jpg

gallery_6093_431_9538.jpg

Edited by tonman316 (see edit history)

Is there an ipod interface for that you can run to the glovebox? I don't know much about these units, except i thought i heard a member say the nav wasn't very good. What's your take. I like it. Anyone out there have one of these they would like to unload? How about you Posi12bolt ?????

Is there an ipod interface for that you can run to the glovebox? I don't know much about these units, except i thought i heard a member say the nav wasn't very good. What's your take. I like it. Anyone out there have one of these they would like to unload? How about you Posi12bolt ?????

The nav unit is ok not great. I prefer the magellan 4250 that I have in my audi. The reason I wanted the factory nav unit is I've had 3 gps's stolen from me and the insurance won't cover it because its not built in. Well now its built in and they know its there. Plus i'm getting tired of getting new windows. I work in a rough neighborhood what can I say.

The nav unit is ok not great. I prefer the magellan 4250 that I have in my audi. The reason I wanted the factory nav unit is I've had 3 gps's stolen from me and the insurance won't cover it because its not built in. Well now its built in and they know its there. Plus i'm getting tired of getting new windows. I work in a rough neighborhood what can I say.

Honestly, i don't know what i'm looking for. Guess i just want a big screen that looks sharp with options for satellite, ipod and is compatible with the basic standard functions of the truck like the chimes, and steering wheel controls. Who the hell knows. Probably don't need Nav that bad for what i do.

tonman316 it looks sweet! I want to to this to my 03 SS but how did you hook up the vss?? I need help please!!!!

vss - is that the vehicle speed sensor? I didn't I think its already wired in my 05 because when I excellerate the radio gets louder and I can only enter an address at a complete stop.

vss - is that the vehicle speed sensor? I didn't I think its already wired in my 05 because when I excellerate the radio gets louder and I can only enter an address at a complete stop.

I JUST WAS AT GM-TRUCKS.COM AND THEY SAID YOU CAN ADD A TOGGLE SWITCH TO THE VSS WIRE SO YOU CAN ENTER ADDRESSES WHILE YOU DRIVE. AND YES VSS IS VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR FROM WHAT I WAS READING IT IS A DARK GREEN WIRE WITH A WHITE TRACER DOWN THE MIDDLE. I'M GOING TO HAVE TO CRACK OPEN MY DASH AND SEE WHAT IM WORKING WITH. fF ANYONE HAS PICS TO SHOW ME WHAT IM LOOKING FOR THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!