Nitros Question

Im running 150 with many bottles through the truck and no issues. (still stock internals) I am tossing around installing a 2 stage setup though with 200 total shot of juice in the future. It's all in the tune and having a good nitrous system.

I noticed your time with the N02, what does it run without spraying. I am curious what I might expect once I spray mine. I run low 14's and a best of 13.96 but my tune is in need of some adjustments to correct a KR issue, that's why I'm not spraying yet.

I noticed your time with the N02, what does it run without spraying. I am curious what I might expect once I spray mine. I run low 14's and a best of 13.96 but my tune is in need of some adjustments to correct a KR issue, that's why I'm not spraying yet.

My truck went a 13.8x on motor i think...i only ran it like once like that lol....mine was all in the 60' i was grabbing everything out of the hole going 1.60-1.66 60's....

How much total timing are you running?

I would recommend a Nitrous Outlet kit over any other there kits look a lot nicer and perform better then any i have used and i have used a lot of diff kits over the years, Smoke03 gave you some good advise but you can decided what all to buy, call Nitrous Outlet and they will set you up for sure. But you should get a tune to have a tune, these trucks really get a lot from a tune

the 100 shot you will feel it a little more and it will kill around a full sec of a 1/4 mile pass :chevy:

Edited by mean05 (see edit history)

13.6 at 9*mph (can't remember the exact mph) was my best without nitrous. That was with a different tune loaded also. My best nitrous time was spraying 150 off the line with a 2th delay on the N2O controller which helped a bunch with traction.

that same day i went 13.8 on motor i went 12.12 on a 125 shot then the other 75 netted me 11.88-11.95 just mattered how bad i was spinning...nitrous is a easy to use deal and these motors eat it up big time....i advise anyone wanting to use nitrous to read up on it a lot

Harris Speedworks makes a very nice complete plate kit for 500-600 bucks. All youll need then is your gauges and a bottle heater INVEST IN A WIDEBAND AFR GAUGE. Very important. NX and NOS are very good brands as well. I would go with a plate setup If I did it again. Then nozzle is good but the TB plate is better. You'll need a Fuel pressure and a nitrous gauge as well. The tune is VERY important as well. I wouldnt go over a 125-150 shot. DO NOT SPRAY ON A STOCK TUNE, PERIOD!!!! No you will not need seperate tunes. Sure the Nitrous tune will pull a little HP from the truck under normal driving circumstances but Ill bet my next paycheck on the fact that you wont be able to tell a difference. I couldnt. NGK TR6 Spark plugs are what you would want to run as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info...I want to find an excuse for pillar gages anyway but why do I need I need A AFR guage and what is it? Zippy said I could run my current tune as long as I can run 104 octane, so I guess Im ok there.?. Also whats with the colder plugs...What do they actually do and or change.

Here is your excuse for pillar gauges. N20 gauge, Fuel pressure gauge, and a AFR Wideband (not just a regular afr) Basically it gives you a VERY accurate reading of your Air/fuel Ratio. Instead of just a little light flickering on a regular (non wideband) gauge you will actually get a numerical reading. It will actually come with a sensor (Identical to an o2 sensor) that goes into your exhaust. A local muffler shop can put the 02 bung in for you. I just used the o2 bung from where my rear o2 sensors USED to be before I deleted them. This will tell you if you are to lean or to rich while spraying. This is important and will help keep you from blowing the engine. Im not doubting zippy at all because he is far more knowledgeable on tuning than I will ever be. However I wouldnt feel safe spraying without some timing pulled from the truck. As far as the colder plugs, I cant give you an explanation. All I know is you are suppost to run a colder plug with any forced induction (I.E. Turbo/Supercharger) or nitrous application.

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)