Wtf What Is This Thing Doing

mcmahan

ok guys so my truck is a 2005 2wd sss. i love it more than pigs love slop. after my cats took a dump on me i got them fixed ect...

now in the mornings it takes for ever to put out heat. its at running temp but, still blowing out cold air. i have to turn off the heater and turn it back on till it gets hot.

wtf could this be, thermostat, heater core hell i dont know. im just frustated. i just went out of warranty and now it seems every thing is going wrong.

can anyone give me a little advice or some help. thats all. Justin

ok guys so my truck is a 2005 2wd sss. i love it more than pigs love slop. after my cats took a dump on me i got them fixed ect...

now in the mornings it takes for ever to put out heat. its at running temp but, still blowing out cold air. i have to turn off the heater and turn it back on till it gets hot.

wtf could this be, thermostat, heater core hell i dont know. im just frustated. i just went out of warranty and now it seems every thing is going wrong.

can anyone give me a little advice or some help. thats all. Justin

Is it the digital climate control ? Not sure what causes it, But I have the digital climate control & sometimes I can be running the heat then turn it to cold,,,and try to go back to hot & it stays cold till I turn the key off, then move it to hot ,,,,It has done this prolly 4 times in the year I've had it,,but as long as I leave it on hot it always works fine,

check the t-stat.

the auto climate control is funny with cycling the AC, have you tried to manually turn the AC off and see if it still happens?

the newer t-stats are cheaper than the 2003's wiht th e intergrated housing

Engine temperature - if your engine runs COLD (like say 160) then you have an overly large radiator combined with a engine thermostat stuck open; I *highly* doubt this is the problem as the factory radiator is engineered to operate the motor hot, you would have to replace the factory radiator to get it to cool any less than 175-ish even without a thermostat in the motor, the OEM radiator is just too small.

Latitude - if you live in a northern climate where the outside temps are seriously cold then you *can* replace the heater core under the dash with an aftermarket one having more fins-per-inch; such 'cold-climate' heater cores are available, I had one in an old Ford ranch truck and it would positively burn you out of the cab in the dead of winter in the NM Rockies.

Controls - I agree with miSSouriSS that the controls are more likely at fault especially if it started the behavior out of the blue. A little-known fact is that when you have the heater on, the A/C is *also* on to dry the air inside the cab and assist with defogging the windows, climate control systems in cars have been like this for 15+ years now in that when the heater is on and you look under the truck you will see the little A/C puddle underneath... So if the under-dash flapper-door in the heater core/evaporator box (diverter valve) is stuck then you could be getting cool or luke-warm air instead of hot air.

Mr. P.

Make sure your climate control isn't set to "auto"...sounds like a possible sticky Blend Door Actuator to me....

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes; I remember hearing something of this sort in the past, and that fixed it.......

yea i have the digital climate control. some times its stays cold then others it get luke warm.

ill try what you said dan and see if that works.

it just started this a couple days ago also when it does this my engine temp gage read a little over 210 but, when it gets hot tit goes back down to normal.

this is just some weird shit.

I had/have a problem this past summer with my A/C. I replaced the motor and resistor. My A/C would not turn off ever. After 10 mins of driving I could not even get ANY air out of it. The condensor gets covered with literally 2 inches of ice on the lines. I guess my heater core must get plugged and restrict airflow? I fixed it by removing my a/c belt. I know it is like nothing really related to your issue besides airflow. I will have actually FIX it this summer when it warms up again.