Exhaust Setup

TX-SS

Well guys I got my OBX LT's on with some hi flows, into my DI/DO super 40, with duals out the side before the back tire. I love how it sounds on the outside, but it is REALLY loud on the inside. I anticipated it being loud, but not this loud. Is there anything I can do to get it quieter on the inside without breaking the bank or swapping mufflers?

If you dont want to get rid of the Flows have your exhaust shop bring your pipes around after rear wheel, it should quiet it down a bit.

:withstupid: your pipes are basically exiting wear the cab is getting them put out the back or like oneslicksilvy said have them coming out the side will put the sound and some of the drone towards the back end of your truck

Edited by Jond983 (see edit history)

Well guys I got my OBX LT's on with some hi flows, into my DI/DO super 40, with duals out the side before the back tire. I love how it sounds on the outside, but it is REALLY loud on the inside. I anticipated it being loud, but not this loud. Is there anything I can do to get it quieter on the inside without breaking the bank or swapping mufflers?

go get the inside dyno matted

Dude its funny iam like the total opposite of you! Iam looking to get louder with my 40' series flow. Iam wanting to get my exit rite were you have yours. Good luck.

I have duel 40' series on mind and they stop right before the back tires and nothing out past that. so it goes headers cat pipe to mufflers and then nothing it's very loud with the stereo all the way up ya can hear the exhaust

I have had this same problem its going to sound funny and you may not believe me but...the I have balanger tri y headers high flow cats and a true doul set up from spin tech...

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00450-1.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

the last one is not my truck but you get what it sounds like....

anyway back to what i was saying what improved my sound was the TUNE...I have no idea how or why but the PCM tune eliminated a lot of the initial drone....might be worth while looking into

I have had this same problem its going to sound funny and you may not believe me but...the I have balanger tri y headers high flow cats and a true doul set up from spin tech...

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00450-1.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

the last one is not my truck but you get what it sounds like....

anyway back to what i was saying what improved my sound was the TUNE...I have no idea how or why but the PCM tune eliminated a lot of the initial drone....might be worth while looking into

Very cool set-up you have.