Diagnostic Tools

Arts05SS

What kind of diagnostic tools are out there for our trucks? I got a 05 Silverado SS and i been wanting to purchase a device or even software that will tell me whats going on my truck. I tried doing a search on the forums but didnt find nothing or i didnt look hard enough lol.

You can pick up a cheap ODB code scanner from most auto part stores for $40-50, most come with a book that can define most codes for you. If not, a subscription to AllData is around $15 for 1 year, anything you want to know about your vehicle is at your fingertips(TSBs, diagrams, repair procedures, DTC definitions)....or you could even post the codes here, and we can help you out with the description.

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

You can pick up a cheap ODB code scanner from most auto part stores for $40-50, most come with a book that can define most codes for you. If not, a subscription to AllData is around $15 for 1 year, anything you want to know about your vehicle is at your fingertips(TSBs, diagrams, repair procedures, DTC definitions)....or you could even post the codes here, and we can help you out with the description.

Thanks for the support, but where can i find this alldata? i dont mind paying 15 bucks for some info im gonna need in the near future. I been looking in thunderracing.com and they got diagnostic tool companies such as MSD, autotap, hypertech, full throttle scanmaster, would you recommend any of them?

Thanks for the support, but where can i find this alldata? i dont mind paying 15 bucks for some info im gonna need in the near future. I been looking in thunderracing.com and they got diagnostic tool companies such as MSD, autotap, hypertech, full throttle scanmaster, would you recommend any of them?

Those are more then just code scanners, they are multi function guages or programmers, and can be quite pricey. Most auto part stores carry cheap ODB code scanners that do not cost much.

www.alldatadiy.com