Does It Bother Anyone Else?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked win election = earned. :wtf:

Can't be more wrong. Yes, he Won the election. Yes, he holds the office of the Presidency. He may be the president, but has not earned the title President as of now.

Mr. Bush won the election, TWICE... yet did he EARN the title of President, with a capital "P"?

Only been a week, let's see how he does first.

glad to see how everyone feels about the subject, just dont want this to get out of hand..... was upset this morning and i knew i could vent here. thanks for everyones input. everyone has their opinions on the matter. as for mr bush, i totally respect the man and have nothing against him. i didn't really care for the man or agree with some of his decisions, but when all said and done, i feel that he was a great president. i think that president obama will be challenged due to the financial situations the economy is facing. i just hope that people will support him like everyone supported mr bush when he was in office.

Don't like nor voted for him but he dose deserve respect after all he is the first african american president. Thats what makes this country so great that anyone can do anything if they are willing to work for it and I hope and pray he dose a good job and can get this contry turned around from the direction it's heading. Maybe he will be the best president yet.

President Obama...PERIOD

he ran for president and won. so just like in a championship, you win a championship, you become the champion. if its race that is making this an issue, then its truly sad. i thought this country had moved past that.

I agree. the media threats ppl in a far to familiar way. He won the title, he deserves to be called by said title.

now he just needs to put his money were his mouth is and try and do some good *and hopefully not destroy whats left of the middle class while he does it, or strip away ppls rights*

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

Last time I checked win election = earned. :wtf:

Can't be more wrong. Yes, he Won the election. Yes, he holds the office of the Presidency. He may be the president, but has not earned the title President as of now. ...Only been a week, let's see how he does first.

:withstupid: Totally.

The problem is that We The People are swimming in a cesspool of half-truths; yes it is true that the title does come with the win as WODY said, but the other half of that truth is that the presidential election process in this day and age has been reduced down to a pageant, ala the Miss America contest; it's just a contest of attraction: does the candidate have the right appeal? the right composure? the right credentials? the right values? the right integrity? someone you would trust with your kids? when they DO speak are they going to say something totally airheaded or bone-headed? are they more than just a highly-groomed pre-manufactured 'image' being shoved down the catwalk at you? Stealing from South Park, the 'process' has been hijacked and turned into a machine that at best leaves The People debating whether they will cast their vote for a giant douche or a turd sandwich. So yes it's President Obama; he has been given the sash, he had the overwhelming chemistry to win the pageant. But like any relationship, it may start with chemistry but the act of growing mutual trust is only just beginning, and that is never a one-sided effort, both the President as well as The People (us!) are going to have to always put our best foot forwards.

Mr. P.

Like I said I agree he should be called pres. obama...BUT I just wish the media would axe the race thing already....They introduce Bush as Mr. President..like I said earleir I figure for the next 4 years he will be introduced as The First Black President ...and that annoys me.

its funny that he has not 'earned' it yet and when the previous president was elected there were more cases of election fruad than I could shake a stick at...but thats fine b/c he could drink a beer with you? the dumbing down of the president started 8 years ago.

I have my 'sides' but integrity first. Dont bash one side and not man up to all the crap you did. I know its hard as a man to admit your mistakes.