Sad Sad Story

i had a remote starter put in about a month ago. so about a week and a half ago i put my tilt wheel up to get something in the bak seat and my truck died completely shut off. i brought it bak to them and it was a wire under the steering wheel. but when it was there some one hit my truck. so i left there wit it all done right ......rong. when i left there i found out the spedometer wasnt working. when bak there again and they disconnected the battery to reset the computer. they said that all the problems wit my truck wasnt there fault. it was fine for about a day and they the spedometer wasnt working again. this was friday night it stoped working again. in the mean time some one else hit my car.

The problems with the gauges are well documented around here, and is probably completely unrelated. Take it to the Chevy dealer and they may be able to replace the instrument bezel free of charge. GM has acknowledged there are problems with the stepper motors that drive the needles.

Sorry to hear your truck got hit TWICE. That really sucks.

Edited by NebraSSka truck (see edit history)

thanks for the help ill try the chevy dealer and see what happens. i no stupid ass people dont give a **** about anything one of the lady's tried to drive away and the other one i didnt no till the next morning. so they did even say anything. i was parked in a parking lot

• 2 weeks later...
The problems with the gauges are well documented around here, and is probably completely unrelated. Take it to the Chevy dealer and they may be able to replace the instrument bezel free of charge. GM has acknowledged there are problems with the stepper motors that drive the needles.

Sorry to hear your truck got hit TWICE. That really sucks.

My guages are working perfect,but I have noticed there is a little rattling sound comming from gauges while the neeedles move up,,,I know it's the gauges because back when I would program my truck with a HyperJUNK,,I could hear the same noise when gauges moved then and truck wasn't running,,,,Does this mean my Gauges are prolly about to start acting up???? I'v had my SS about a year now but just noticed it the last few months.

thanks for the help ill try the chevy dealer and see what happens. i no stupid ass people dont give a **** about anything one of the lady's tried to drive away and the other one i didnt no till the next morning. so they did even say anything. i was parked in a parking lot

that sucks. people these days are very dishonest and don't give a $hit about anybody.