Hemi Nightrunner Specs?

Les Hall

Does anyone know if the 2006 Ram Hemi Nightrunner has more hp that the regular Hemi? only thing I found was someone selling one on Ebay claiming "the Nightrunner was 415 Hp stock" anyone know about this,,,Reason I ask is I watched my friend with an 08 V-Max race one,,,The nightrunner had something in the grill that looked like a tranny cooler, but refused to open his hood after someone said they new he was running with a turbo,he claims he only has a shift kit, anyway if it was turbo, it wasn't setup right,,he only beat the V-max two lengths, which is about how much I beat that same V-max last time we raced,,All I have is a Wheatley tune, CAI, Msd wires & magnaflow,, I asked him to come back out and run me and the county po po's broke up the party before we got a chance,

I would have agreed with ya totally if I had'nt saw it beat that V-max,,& just ten mins earlier that same V-max beat an 05 Regular cab Rumble-Bee with underdrive pully's, K&N, & a programmer,,,,, I Think the 415hp would make more since than the turbo claim since he only beat the V-Max by a little,,,But like I said I have no Idea, I just know it ran alot better than other Hemi Quad cabs run,,,

Edited by miSSouriSS (see edit history)

Thats why I said it would make more since to that they have more hp than a regular hemi,,,but I don't buy his claim that he only has a shift kit,,he beat the V-max the same amount I did,,And I just smoked an 07 regular cab, 2wd Possi trac hemi wit a programmer ,,,,And I know a shift kit alone won't make those heavier quad cabs run that much faster,lol

one of my buddies has a night runner, and they aren't just the appearance package, the come stock with a chip from factory but its set to a tow mode tough but it runs pretty good if i remember the paper that goes on the window said it had 375hp and like 400tq. It runs a mid to low 15 cause i raced him with just exhaust on my 07 vmax and he got me off the line but i caught him goin into 2nd and barely got him and i ran a 15.0 in this truck with exhaust

The Night Runner I believe is just an appearance package like the Rumble Bee, Daytona, and Hemi Sport......

You are correct, nothing special about the engine as I looked at one last year. Clean looking truck, slow as balls.