04 Arival Blue Roanoke, Va

PHALERYDR

Got an SS back in Oct of 08. I just went to my folks house and it stalled out like it was out of gas. Checked the fuel and it was over 1/4 tank. I was on a bit of a decline so I added some gas to it but it still stalls out. I am thinking it is the fuel pump gone bad. Any help would be appreciated. :shakehead::banghead::help:

Will it restart? what does it take to get it restarted? Is the Service Engine light on (does the truck have any error codes)?

WELCOME btw, sorry to hear it's on a bad note...

Mr. P.

Yes I started it up today and it ran very choppy for about 1 min then shut off. It seemed to smoke alot this time. I tryed again and you have to push the gas pedal some to get it to run. The service engine light is on. I am not sure how to pull the codes on the truck. I do not have anything that I can pull them with is their a way to pull them on the DIC like on a Corvette?

welcome to the site :cheers:

You said the truck stalls out, will it start again? Is it difficult to start initially?

Yes I can get it to restart but it still runs very rough and I have to hold the gas to keep it running. If I let off it idles rough and cuts off.

Yes I started it up today and it ran very choppy for about 1 min then shut off. It seemed to smoke alot this time. I tryed again and you have to push the gas pedal some to get it to run. The service engine light is on. I am not sure how to pull the codes on the truck. I do not have anything that I can pull them with is their a way to pull them on the DIC like on a Corvette?

Yes I can get it to restart but it still runs very rough and I have to hold the gas to keep it running. If I let off it idles rough and cuts off.

There is no way for you to pull the DTC's with the DIC. Most auto part stores like Advance and AutoZone will scan your vehicle for free. Has the CEL started to flash at any point?

I don't believe that your problem is the fuel pump. Based on the fact that it is running rough, smoking, and needs gas to keep running obviously means that you have a misfire. My guess would be that you have a faulty MAF sensor that is causing this. There are a few other things that can contribute to these issues as well.......a dirty MAF sensor, a dirty air filter, a dirty Throttle Body, a clogged fuel filter, or a bad catalytic converter. Check to make sure that your spark plug wires are snapped onto the coil packs and spark plugs. There is also the very minute possibilty of a bad fuel injector, but more often then not the MAF is the culprit.

If you get the opportunity to have the truck scanned, post the DTC's here so we can help you diagnose the problem.

There is no way for you to pull the DTC's with the DIC. Most auto part stores like Advance and AutoZone will scan your vehicle for free. Has the CEL started to flash at any point?

I don't believe that your problem is the fuel pump. Based on the fact that it is running rough, smoking, and needs gas to keep running obviously means that you have a misfire. My guess would be that you have a faulty MAF sensor that is causing this. There are a few other things that can contribute to these issues as well.......a dirty MAF sensor, a dirty air filter, a dirty Throttle Body, a clogged fuel filter, or a bad catalytic converter. Check to make sure that your spark plug wires are snapped onto the coil packs and spark plugs. There is also the very minute possibilty of a bad fuel injector, but more often then not the MAF is the culprit.

If you get the opportunity to have the truck scanned, post the DTC's here so we can help you diagnose the problem.

Thanks. I will try to get it scanned but it wont be until this weekend. Know that you have mentioned it the CEL light is blinking. Is that bad? :(:nonod:

Thanks. I will try to get it scanned but it wont be until this weekend. Know that you have mentioned it the CEL light is blinking. Is that bad? :(:nonod:

A flashing CEL represents a condition that can be very harmful to your engine. When it starts to flash, you are supposed to pull over and shut the engine off immediately.