Almost Totalled 04 Ss

Well here in Missouri we had a really bad ice storm. Trees fell on my truck and i filled a claim on insurance.

Anyways, I screwed the insurance company around a little and got 9800 out of them. 1500 went to parts, 2500 went to repainting.

I've got 5k I can put into this motor.

I've already got a nitrous setup that i bought of off danny, sprayed99, almost two years ago. Motor has 94k miles on it. Transmission has held up to countless sprays and launches.

What I have is, is what is in my signature. I want to work on the motor most of all. Transmission I can do after motor work is done.

What do you guys suggest for this 5,000 bucks that I can put into this motor to make it last me and get the most bang for my buck. I do not want to go supercharged or turbocharged. I want the motor built for spray.

Lay it on me guys. I haven't been able to keep up on what's available for these motors and what you can do with them.

Help me out and tell me what would be best for this truck. I will have pictures of the damages and the repair of this truck along with the motor being rebuilt with recommended goodies. Thanks!

Let me know where I can buy these parts out would be helpful also. Thanks!

IMO i would do the following

1.cam (dont know ur pref but look around)

2. heads

3. intake manifold (fast90 or 92mm)

4.rods and internals

5. full exhaust

6. bore or stroke

7. e fans for sure.

8. meth injection (snow meth is great)

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

Well here in Missouri we had a really bad ice storm. Trees fell on my truck and i filled a claim on insurance.

Anyways, I screwed the insurance company around a little and got 9800 out of them. 1500 went to parts, 2500 went to repainting.

I've got 5k I can put into this motor.

I've already got a nitrous setup that i bought of off danny, sprayed99, almost two years ago. Motor has 94k miles on it. Transmission has held up to countless sprays and launches.

What I have is, is what is in my signature. I want to work on the motor most of all. Transmission I can do after motor work is done.

What do you guys suggest for this 5,000 bucks that I can put into this motor to make it last me and get the most bang for my buck. I do not want to go supercharged or turbocharged. I want the motor built for spray.

Lay it on me guys. I haven't been able to keep up on what's available for these motors and what you can do with them.

Help me out and tell me what would be best for this truck. I will have pictures of the damages and the repair of this truck along with the motor being rebuilt with recommended goodies. Thanks!

Let me know where I can buy these parts out would be helpful also. Thanks!

you should buy my 408 and have money left over

No body has said it yet, so I will. You are going to need more then just a 2nd gear Servo to handle whichever power upgrade(s) you choose.......at the very minimum a larger trans cooler, stall, shift kit, and alluminum accumulator pistons. I am sure that you already know that the transmissions in these trucks are a weak link, and a stock trans with just a servo will not last long behind a TVS1900 or 408.......

I agree. When I bought my truck from my buddy it was on its third stock transmission. The dealer replaced it for him 2 times because he knew the service manager. it had a radix on it but they still fixed it for him. I had it for a few months and I blew out the tranny. It will not last very long once you start making that much power. I would have the tranny beefed up or at least plan on doing it soon after. Good luck.. :chevy:

on a 6.0L I would look for:

1. used 122

2. used radix

then you have $$ for your trans.

with the new TVS's hitting the street alot of guys are going to switch, but its proven both can get you a 13 sec truck.

Midnightrider is selling a 122 I think...

Well with 100K on the clock, I would pull your current LQ9 and bore it to 370, install a calm cam (in the 22x/22x range), upgrade your springs and push rods, install a nice set of forged pistons, do ARP bolts (rod) where you can and install that nitrous system. The rest of the cash should go to the tranny fund. That system should live a long and happy life with no more than a 150 shot and should actually get you into the 11's on the quarter mile. :chevy:

..Or buy that 408 for a ready to go drop-in!

Whatever you go with, don't forget the fuel system upgrades (injectors, new pump(s)).

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)