Corsa Or Magnaflow

Fila13us

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people think that there Corsa doesn't sound mean enough for them, but let someone else drive your truck and hear it from the outside... you will gain a whole new respect for it than you have when sitting in the drivers seat.

the Corsa gets nuts longtubes and no cats, cats will help keep it in check, esp if you are going with the sport.

:withstupid: i'm running the ory with LT's and the corsa sport..it's very RASPY and scary which i love..but i'm starting to gain the attention of the local law enforcement so i'll be putting my cats back on here in the near future

You could also install some sort of straight through bullet or small muffler in front of the catback to tone down the rasp without any flow restriction. Did that on my blown HD and it sounded freakin sweet.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

my magnaflow would give me headaches from drone. I would try a corsa. You dont understand drone until you have it.

:withstupid:

My Magnaflow has horrible drone, but it really does not bother me. I have turn downs right in front of the rear axle so it really resonates in the cab. The only good thing from it, is that it keeps the wife from wanting to drive my truck. :P

B&B exhausts sound sick as well, I would like to see the design of the muffler though. Their description says that they use a combination of packing materials and sound canceling chambers to reduce interior resonance, but I'm yet to hear anyone say it was eliminated... May be a very good option though. For the record, the Aero that I have has a sound canceling chamber and a packed chamber and with the full tailpipe, it drones slightly... dumped just over the axle, the drone is not noticeable. I'm going back to Corsa.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

I'll throw my $0.02 in now.....Magnaflow. I have Magnaflow on mine and I love it.

HA, sounds like the conversation we had last night huh? Anyway, I may remove my Magnaflows and swap in some Corsa Sports. I really like the way Mark's sounds (semi raspy, nasty, unapologetic get out of my way sound). My magnaflows are masking my cam chop by doing exactly what they are intended to do...reduce raspy noise. My magnaflows are long which really mellows out the tone to a very deep rumble. I had shorter ones on there way back when and they were a bit more raspy and reminded me of glasspacks. I kind of want that tone back now :uhoh:

I guess I got used to the open headers during the install of my 408 :chevy:

You could also install some sort of straight through bullet or small muffler in front of the catback to tone down the rasp without any flow restriction. Did that on my blown HD and it sounded freakin sweet.

good idea but would it still have that corsa sound?

here's a 1/2 throttle clip with LT, ORY and an 18" Magnaflow (6"body) in front of a a corsa sport... keep in mind, that a bullet or shorter/smaller magnaflow would be louder, i just wanted more of a sleeper sound. Sorry, the camera is crap.

th_P1020629.jpg