Silverado Awd Ss On Air Bags!

I was browsing through Truckin magazine website and ran into an interesting video.

The video is of an AWD SSS on airbags with torsion keys for suspension. Now why do I bring this to your humble site? Well because I am interested deeply into bagging my Sierra c3 which also is an AWD Truck. My guess is he has some custom control arms,If anyody can explain to me how this kid got his SSS Front on bags that would be very helpfull to the future of my truck, and also id like to know what are the dangers of doing this. Im looking to do something similar to this but not so extreme, I want to be able to drop it on bags not hop it to hell.

heres the link:

http://www.truckinweb.com/videos/6200900/2...ideo/index.html

I also found a guy who fully tricked out his c3 with airbags in the front and the description says Custom front upper control arms with bag on top. The truck is freaking Sick as f*ck but he must be out of his F***ing mind if he thinks anyone would pay 60K for this. with 60K id buy a freaking Audi A8 W12 on 22's and have money left over to buy weed to last me till ive screwed 20 girls in the damn audi!!.

Heres the link:

http://www.mautofied.com/2001-GMC---Sierra...ting/100093505/

the first one is a repost here is the original http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=truckin This kid caught alot of hell for this interview by not knowing half of the sh*t that was done to his truck and that horrible paint job! As for the second one i like the exterior! good find

I AGREE that this is a hideous Truck, a waste of paint time and money, and the air system is excessive to the point of self destruction. The kid is spoiled and throws his parents money into a money pit. But really I'm not interested in his truck style it takes too much energy to even hate on it I'm used to seeing ridiculous "Loud" Trucks with excessive tendency's in your typical Truckin magazine & Street Truck magazine(and i know you have read at least a few). What I am interested in is How the front is air bag operational on a AWD GM Full size truck, what custom fabrications are done to it to make it possible, and if it rides like shit? ride good? or is it dangerous for your truck & why. If somebody can alert me that would be great! Im interested in doing a professional realistic system thats meant purely for ride quality and performance balancing. I have helper airbags(well.. had helper bags) and it helped the rear ride nice but im also into a nice lowered truck but Im not trying to make my truck dance its way to destruction.

the first one is a repost here is the original http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=truckin This kid caught alot of hell for this interview by not knowing half of the sh*t that was done to his truck and that horrible paint job! As for the second one i like the exterior! good find

the kid is a tool, I wish the essays who did his truck would've got interviewed instead, then maybe i would've learned something usefull. Man i think the hippy chick who's interviewing the kid might know more about whats going on then the kid himself. HA!

but seriously guys.. how they do it?

as for the c3, thats a hell of a ride.

Edited by ContraversyByDaCubicft (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
I AGREE that this is a hideous Truck, a waste of paint time and money, and the air system is excessive to the point of self destruction. The kid is spoiled and throws his parents money into a money pit. But really I'm not interested in his truck style it takes too much energy to even hate on it I'm used to seeing ridiculous "Loud" Trucks with excessive tendency's in your typical Truckin magazine & Street Truck magazine(and i know you have read at least a few). What I am interested in is How the front is air bag operational on a AWD GM Full size truck, what custom fabrications are done to it to make it possible, and if it rides like shit? ride good? or is it dangerous for your truck & why. If somebody can alert me that would be great! Im interested in doing a professional realistic system thats meant purely for ride quality and performance balancing. I have helper airbags(well.. had helper bags) and it helped the rear ride nice but im also into a nice lowered truck but Im not trying to make my truck dance its way to destruction.

he welded a set of custom brackets onto the TOP of his TOP control arms. Welded and fabricated his own brackets that welded onto the frame. It will come above the frame a bit though so it has to be well planned if done. And after removing his torsions , shocks, joust bumpers, and some modin, there you have it, an awd ss on air bags. he just has to be careful at what height he actually drives at.

levi