Lpp 321 Ss Headers And Y Pipe Pics

BigCountry

nah, the stock plug wires clear fine.. the boots are close, but the wires clear easily. I had bought a set of GTO wires to install because I read that the 90* boot helped clearance, but they were too short by about an inch. went back with the stockers and no problems. I highly recomend these headers, they fit my 2wd perfect.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get the rear O2s deleted even with high flow cats... it's going to be interesting trying to get cats to fit. May want to get v-bands and cut a little off of the collector to get them forward enough.

I'm going to get a sound clip, but I've already ordered a new muffler, haha. The Corsa Diesel muffler would probably be great with cats, but it has that, whoosh down low and bark up top that the Sport has when catless. It's pretty damn wicked sounding, but too much for me. Totally kills the sleeper factor, haha. I ordered an Aero Turbine 4040XL. If it doesn't calm it down enough, I may go with high flow cats myself.

Looking at the pics I think somewhere in between the collector and where the o2 bung hole is might be able to fit the high flow cats. I guess I will sure to have wheatley delete the rear 02 when I get my tune.

Crappy videos, been raining lightly for a couple days and kept spinning. You can see the traction control keep kicking in, but you can get a little taste of what it sounds like.

th_P1030369.jpg

th_P1030370.jpg

th_P1030371.jpg

th_P1030372-1.jpg

th_P1030373.jpg

I got a chance to break in my new bedrug as well

P1030364.jpg

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Ok, if can find the charger for my camera battery, I'll get a pic of the tip, and a new video with the new muffler..... I installed an Aeroturbine 4040XL. I'm much happier with it, the diesel Corsa just counds like crap on a gas motor... at least when cats are deleted. Now the 4040XL is still a diesel muffler, but it has so much less rasp at WOT. The Corsa would bark from 3k rpm all the way to the shift. This one barks a bit around 3200, but just for a couple hundred rpms, then goes away. It is way deeper, only had it on for one test drive, so we will see if I get any drone, that is my biggest fear. So far, it's a winner. I may still install a small race muffler to take the volume down a notch.

Scratch that before metioned comment... the Aeroturbine sounds great, but drones it's a$$ off :mad::nono: The Corsa is back n for the time being. When I was installing the Aero, I found where i was having some clearance issues with the 4" over the t-bar crossmember, I installed a new hanger, drone city anyway. Well, when I put the corsa back on, I realized much of my interior noise with it was coming from where the exhaust was contacting the floorboard. I happened to have removed the tip while was under there, and that seemed to improve the tone as well. I've never liked a rolled tip. All in all, I am much happier with the Corsa now, still a bit raspy, but much easier install a bullet or something to take care of that than to have to worry about droping interior resonance IMO. The exhaust drama continues, haha.