De-hitched The Ss Today.........

Fireman31

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this also when I installed my shackles. I had to take it off anyway, then I saw the nasty spare tire glaring, so I yanked that also! Looks good man. Question for you, what do you use on your wheels??? Every pic I have seen of your truck, you have more of a deep shine to them? Maybe its just me......

leave dan alone about the flaps..he has heard it all already

Dan i noticed when i removed my hitch it raised my ass end up ..did you notice that?

I took mine off and the spare tire and I can definetly tell the rear sticks up higher. It's about 150 lbs between the two

i second that about the mud flaps, but im not puttin them on lol.

:withstupid:

whats up with the papa mud flaps :jester:

but mudflaps on an SS. ..... ewwwww

from post #9........

Those flaps are worth their weight in gold, they keep so much crap off of my truck, it's not even funny....

Question for you, what do you use on your wheels??? Every pic I have seen of your truck, you have more of a deep shine to them? Maybe its just me......

I use Mother's Chrome Wheel Cleaner just before I am gonna polish them. For polish, I use Griot's Garage Chrome Polish(I polish them 1-2 times per month). In between polishings, I wash them with regular car wash solution......and spot cleanings in between washings with Turtle Wax ClearVue Auto Glass Cleaner.

Dan i noticed when i removed my hitch it raised my ass end up ..did you notice that?

I figured that..lol I just noticed my ass end looked as if it went up 2 inches and was just making sure i wasnt crazy..lol

You are not crazy Brad, it seems to have gone up just a little bit.

looks good. I removed my hitch shortly after I got my truck and the spare tire they are both sitting in my garage now. The truck feels weird at first because of the weight difference but then I went and got some subs put the truck so I gained the weight back. Don't let these guys fling you shit about the mud flaps. The amount of crap that gets on your truck without can be redicolous especially in the winter months

Damn that does give it alot cleaner look to the rear, I wanna do the same but don't wanna haul my spare around in the bed,& since I've lowered the rear about 6" from stock (4" shackle & hangers + 2" lower tires) my tow hitch has saved my bumpercover many times, sure looks better without it,,,,,

On the whole mud flaps topic, I was just stating my opinion on them but was in no way giving him a hard time. I obviously complimented him in that same post...

I'm probably gonna get crap for saying this but we have a lot of hypocrites on this site. I love this community and all but I noticed something similar in various threads. The purpose of a forum is to show what we have and for others to put in their praise/comments/suggestions. This isn't pointed to dan or anyone in particular but I'm just saying if you can't take the criticism, don't share what you have. Not everyone's gonna like what you do and uniqueness is the beauty of the auto world..

It really annoys me when a bunch of people are quick to jump on a new guy who has a mod others aren't really feeling, which is fine and all because that's what the forum is for. But everything changes when the thread starter is someone who has been on the site for a while or is well known. As soon as someone says something negative about their friends truck, they try to defend them and make it seem like they're being attacked. WE ARE JUST SHARING OUR OPINIONS. I understand you may know the guys personally but we should still be able to share our comments as long as they are appropriate and not degrading the person.

I also understand that people making the same comments may get a little repetitive but not everyone reads the previous members' posts. Dan took those comments fine and addressed them maturely. Unfortunately not everyone does, that's all I'm saying.

Now like i said, I'm not directing this to anyone in particular, its just what I've observed over time. And before anyone says that I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm making this stuff up, let it be known that I have been here for nearly five years and longer than nearly half of the active posters of today so I have seen a lot. I've shared my thoughts, come what may.

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)