De-hitched The Ss Today.........

Fireman31

amen. i agree. you should be able to take in the bad with the good. i dont the look of mudflaps. but i will def agree with dan that they def do keep so much crap from the tires and road off the truck. my fullsize blazer came with fiberglass running boards. they looked ok, they were nice ones. i wanted to take them off. but i noticed how freakin nice the paint was on the truck. due to the flaps. its all form or function. to each is his own

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took mine off and the spare tire and I can definetly tell the rear sticks up higher. It's about 150 lbs between the two

Try removing the spare tire, hitch, and rear bumper. I was disapointed BIG TIME after lowered my rear 2" and removed those three parts. I should have went with a 4" shackle.

Question for you, what do you use on your wheels??? Every pic I have seen of your truck, you have more of a deep shine to them? Maybe its just me......

I Have yet to see Dan's truck "dirty". The truck looks showroom clean everytime I see it. :chevy:

Its been a while since mine have been on/off, but I think that mine are attached using factory cladding/support bolts/screws that were already in my truck to begin with. I didn't want to drill any more holes/use self tappers. Mine are made by Husky if I remember correctly.

I Have yet to see Dan's truck "dirty". The truck looks showroom clean everytime I see it. :chevy:

You should have seen it after the last snow storm, I was driving a Silverado Super Salt. :uhoh::sick:

Looks tits Dan, I might have a project on my hands :thumbs:

Really not much of a project, it only took about 10 minutes to do. I zipped all 8 bolts off with my Impact wrench, and zip tied the trailer wiring harness to the frame cross member. Please note that you will need a deep 22mm impact socket and a 22mm or adjustable wrench to remove the bolts.

Ok stupid question time... Are the mudflaps you guys using easy to take on and off? Ive been thinking about getting some to put on during the winter but i dont know if they are easily removed

Its been a while since mine have been on/off, but I think that mine are attached using factory cladding/support bolts/screws that were already in my truck to begin with. I didn't want to drill any more holes/use self tappers. Mine are made by Husky if I remember correctly.

Yeah mine are Husky Splash Guards too. They attach using 2 of the OE cladding screws, no holes to drill.....

Hey ... Don't knock the Mud Flaps ... They are definetlly needed up here in New England ...

100_0441.jpg

same here. put them on when i was living on Long Island and never took them off. i have to deal with dirt here :banghead: dirt roads :banghead: dirt drive :banghead: dirt parking lots :mad:

and when it rains, it's mud all over :sigh:

:seeya:

Yeah mine are Husky Splash Guards too. They attach using 2 of the OE cladding screws, no holes to drill.....

Thanks for the info... I might check into a set of these if they just use the plastic rivets. Put them on and off if it gets nasty out. :thumbs: