Gauge Cluster

ANGRYGREG

I made an appointment for tomorrow to get my gauge cluster replaced. My oil pressure gauge is messed up. I hate leaving my truck anywhere. I have trouble trusting anyone after everthing I have been through with this truck. Please don't tell me to use the search button, I already did. My question is are they going to flash the PCM. Some people said yes and some said no. I almost have 70,000 miles on it so it's now or never....Really don't want to go but I guess i have no choice...Thanks for your help...

Make them give you an estimate print out with the instructions on that say they are to not flash the PCM or mess with the computer. Make the service advisor sign it and take it with you. When I go, they always give me an estimate print out with the issue on it, along with any specific instructions.

My cluster is acting up as well and I have been reading that a lot of tuners lock their tunes, so I emailed my tuner and this was his reply:

"We don't lock the PCM's so they can program it if needed (it will overwrite my program). I don't think they should need to reprogram it though. Thanks, Bryan"

Make them give you an estimate print out with the instructions on that say they are to not flash the PCM or mess with the computer. Make the service advisor sign it and take it with you. When I go, they always give me an estimate print out with the issue on it, along with any specific instructions.

Thank you bro. Will do. That's a good way to cover my ass. I was going to ask them not to flash it but you know how people are. They will tell you ya sure and then do it anyway. thanks again... :cheers:

They just had to program the cluster, not the computer.

Though, I had to go in once, they looked at it, and then had to order it, took nearly a week since it was a 'warranty part' then brought the truck back (never had to leave it at the dealership). Though the first cluster that came in was also defective (would not accept the new program), and it only took 24 hours to get a new cluster in, since it was a part replacement.