What Upgrades Should I Get?

I currently have an 04 SS AWD, if you look at my signature you will see what mods I have so far...I am currently working on a budget of about $500 and I want to add some more hp...and I am not sure what to do next, I was considering doing a cam or headers or something, anything but I don't want to spend money on garbage, if I go for a cam I need some recommendations, thanks!!

Well, seeing how you are limited to $500, I would start with the custom tune, and go from there. A custom tune will really wake your truck up. The next step I would suggest would be a higher stall torque converter, shift kit, and servos, but that will cost you alot more then $500...

Won't get you any horsepower but you can do a Trans Cooler for pretty cheap. You could also do some 'free' mods. Like a TB coolant bypass. Not sure if anyone else has done it here but it's working for me. (I will try and post pics later) Headers are a good option and so is a cam but I would go w/ a custom tune before anything. Good luck :thumbs:

3/8 tube coming out of radiator...

100_1273.jpg

Outlet from the TB. Same thing for the inlet I just could not get a good picture.

100_1275.jpg

3/8 back into the engine.

100_1276.jpg

Pretty simple mod. Keeps the TB a little cooler. You will need about 6 feet of 3/8 tubing and 2 clamps to fit over the ends. just make sure you do it when the engine is cool. I lost some coolant doing it warm. May need to add some more after its over, just watch how much comes out!

Yea, I want to do a custom tune but every now and then I tow my Camaro, and also if it ever goes to the dealer for work because it has the extended warranty...I don't want them to be like WTF and void the warranty, If it wont then I'll go for the tune. And I live in Central Eastern NJ, Ocean County.

Thx fellas