Just Put 8000k Hid's

Woohoo.gif man lol i did my bike rite after i did my silvy ss... took me 10 min to do the truck cuz i was only changing the bulbs from 6000k to 8000k and took me nearly 2 hours to do my bike cuz i have never done HID's on a bike... i tore it apart then later found out i didnt have to tear it apart but now i know how to get my head light housing out so i can bake them and color my projector rings smile.gif oh and Haul@ss hooked me up with these... got the slim balast 8000k h7 bulbs... i have the 8000k big ballast on my truck and the slim on the bike now smile.gif i wouldnt buy the 55w if anyone is lookin to get HId's 35w is all u need + its cheaper... i love them here are some pics.... OH i forgot but i did have to drill out a hole for the wires but the kit came with a sleeve so its pretty weather proof........... THE 3rd pick is of the 6000k ......smile.gif

post-11280-1235274449_thumb.jpg

post-11280-1235274474_thumb.jpg

post-11280-1235274492_thumb.jpg

post-11280-1235274504_thumb.jpg

post-11280-1235274520_thumb.jpg

post-11280-1235274555_thumb.jpg

post-11280-1235274570_thumb.jpg

post-11280-1235274586_thumb.jpg

Edited by 10zin (see edit history)

where did you buy them i just bought a pair of the big ballast 8000k 35watt from ddmtuning.com for 60 + shipping. I know people say stay away from the cheaper kits but i figured since they give you a lifetime warranty on everything it would be worth a shot. Cant wait to get them in

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW... The only difference between the "slim" style ballast vs the "standard" style ballast is that the "slim" style is slim because the ballast and ignitor is separate and the "standard" ballast houses the igniotr in with the ballast.

BTW light look good :cheers:

question for you. di you have to modify your housing to fit the bulb in. I just picked up a set 6k and noticed the bulb doest go all the way in the housing and the locking tabs are further out of the housing?

thank, cesar.

you shouldnt have to do any modifing to switch over to Xenon system, they have the same dimensions as your OEM halogen bulbs.

switch the plugs around....... so it fits in backward lookin....... it will always work!!!!

yeah just figured that out. thanks. Question for you. I bought both highs and lows. One is a part # 9005 and the other set is a H4. witch side does the H4 go on? the lows or the highs. Got this is annoying .

h4????????? thought the lows wre 9006.... and highs 9005........ never heard of h4 for our trucks......

yeah, I think the guy send me the wrong set. I have to call him and have him send me the 9006. were did you mount the ballast? trying to place it some were out of sight and harms way.

yeah, I think the guy send me the wrong set. I have to call him and have him send me the 9006. were did you mount the ballast? trying to place it some were out of sight and harms way.

i have the big ballast........ those small ones u can put them anywhere man just zip tie or use the sticker paperthat came with it ........ mines right behind the headlights

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=18743