Virgil Retune At Sar

8 UR HMI

so today at the track virgil logged my truck on some runs. BAD NEWS!!!

1. My truck was running 10.1 AFR (thats as low as my wideband reads so it might have been lower)

2. My mbc that my previous tuner was not hooked up right so i spiked from a safe 8-9 lbs to 12-15 lbs. NO BUENO!!!

Run number 1 i had a great reaction time and slow 60 cause i dont have my boost right away. boost at about 120 feet spiked to 15psi. i let off then got on it and again 15 lbs. once more 12lbs this time. ended up with like a 16.1 1/4 mi at 89mph. (WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN FOR ANY SS)

after the log virgil looked at my tune and compared it to a stock ss tune. It was about 90% stock. freakin pervious tuner only changed 2 tables giving more fuel :banghead:

so then virgil retuned it almost completely and only gave it 5% timing in WOT. immediately my truck ran better, however my boost still spiked to 15 yet again. it was only like 10 through the 8th and about half way between the last box and the 2nd to last box it spiked to 15 so i let off. i coasted through the line wit a whopping 15.5 at 79mph. fuel in low end/off the line is still fat just so i know im getting fuel but wot at 12-15 my 42lb injectors couldnt keep up so afr went to 13.6....thats y i let off mostly.

anyways im getting a new 8lb WG spring this week to see what she does.

OH AND ONE LAST THING, my crappy tuner was parked right behind me and didnt even look or talk to me. his "SHOW TRUCK" i think is casey from ls1trucks rear mount 6.0 had problems the whole day.. :crackup: looks like im not the only one with Neal from THE CAR SHOP problems. Sorry for the rant.

SPECIAL THANKS TO....Steve -Mr.P Brad-brobrad... Danny-sprayed99 and of cours VIRGIL for all the help.

so today at the track virgil logged my truck on some runs. BAD NEWS!!!

1. My truck was running 10.1 AFR (thats as low as my wideband reads so it might have been lower)

2. My mbc that my previous tuner was not hooked up right so i spiked from a safe 8-9 lbs to 12-15 lbs. NO BUENO!!!

Run number 1 i had a great reaction time and slow 60 cause i dont have my boost right away. boost at about 120 feet spiked to 15psi. i let off then got on it and again 15 lbs. once more 12lbs this time. ended up with like a 16.1 1/4 mi at 89mph. (WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN FOR ANY SS)

after the log virgil looked at my tune and compared it to a stock ss tune. It was about 90% stock. freakin pervious tuner only changed 2 tables giving more fuel :banghead:

so then virgil retuned it almost completely and only gave it 5% timing in WOT. immediately my truck ran better, however my boost still spiked to 15 yet again. it was only like 10 through the 8th and about half way between the last box and the 2nd to last box it spiked to 15 so i let off. i coasted through the line wit a whopping 15.5 at 79mph. fuel in low end/off the line is still fat just so i know im getting fuel but wot at 12-15 my 42lb injectors couldnt keep up so afr went to 13.6....thats y i let off mostly.

anyways im getting a new 8lb WG spring this week to see what she does.

OH AND ONE LAST THING, my crappy tuner was parked right behind me and didnt even look or talk to me. his "SHOW TRUCK" i think is casey from ls1trucks rear mount 6.0 had problems the whole day.. :crackup: looks like im not the only one with Neal from THE CAR SHOP problems. Sorry for the rant.

SPECIAL THANKS TO....Steve -Mr.P Brad-brobrad... Danny-sprayed99 and of cours VIRGIL for all the help.

so any new times?mr p,brobrad,danny?......dam so that good the vho kid didnt show up huh :jester:

mods wise. forged pistons, 42lb injectors, walbro intank, radix inline, cats turned off, cold plugs, and some little things. not much else til i can get some more green.

the 2 tables were just fuel tables. virgil retuned THE ENTIRE thing in like 20 mins and took out some timing in top end. wrapping the exhaust this week

It was great to meet ya Bob..had a great time..

As far as my times not very good either BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT there is a silver lining..I ws actually able to log a run down the track and personally show it to Justin (blackbear performance :)) ..he was in saginaw so he told me to stop by...the log showed why my 60' times have been crap..It showed for the first 1.6 seconds of my run until about 30 mph my truck was making NO power and that it showed i hardly spun at all and wasnt until i hit 30 mph...The problem was the brake torqueee managaement was never disabled..SO my 60' times never stood a chance...hopefully we have it all fixed because everything else look good and we took for a spin and he liked what he saw...:)

I want to take a second to tell justin thanks for taking time during his busy enough weekend to help me out :thumbs:

mods wise. forged pistons, 42lb injectors, walbro intank, radix inline, cats turned off, cold plugs, and some little things. not much else til i can get some more green.

the 2 tables were just fuel tables. virgil retuned THE ENTIRE thing in like 20 mins and took out some timing in top end. wrapping the exhaust this week

so you have a stock motor basically with small injectors? and first you say he added 5% timing now he took some timing out? your previous tuner { i have no idea who is} probably set your truck up fat so it wouldnt get wounded. not mention if you dont have mods that increase airflow your base tune will be pretty much the same as it was till you go over 105kpa

the injectors were fine for 8lbs. virgil gave it less timing in top end my bad. its only 5% now. i typed it wrong. its fat in the bottom end. my old tuner was a POS and it wasnt the tune i paid for/the shop hours i paid for.

the injectors were fine for 8lbs. virgil gave it less timing in top end my bad. its only 5% now. i typed it wrong. its fat in the bottom end. my old tuner was a POS and it wasnt the tune i paid for/the shop hours i paid for.

curious what is 5% timing? i run 18* timing rather im at 9lbs of boost or 18lbs of boost. 5% of what? so your saying off boost its that fat? it would foul plugs being that fat. 14.7-15.8 off boost then in boost i decline till i reach 10.8/11.0

just curious thats all

he didnt take out that much fuel from the lowerend because he wanted it to be safe until i can get the new wg spring. on the way home i made the boost creept to 5lbs and my afr was 11.4-11.9 with like 3 quarter throttle and letting off b4 it could go any higher. once i get my wg spring this week im gonna see how it is and then virgils gonna tweak it if he can and if not zippy said he could.

oh and hwy/normal driving without boost the afr is like 14.6.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

he didnt take out that much fuel from the lowerend because he wanted it to be safe until i can get the new wg spring. on the way home i made the boost creept to 5lbs and my afr was 11.4-11.9 with like 3 quarter throttle and letting off b4 it could go any higher. once i get my wg spring this week im gonna see how it is and then virgils gonna tweak it if he can and if not zippy said he could.

oh and hwy/normal driving without boost the afr is like 14.6.

what size spring do you have now?

also i thoughtyou said it was fat in the lowerend? cause that is ideal and is not fat

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

yesterday at the track it was really fat like 10.1 or lower cause my wideband doesnt read any lower. the 11.4-11.9 was going about 50mph.

the spring was apparently a 4lb but was suppose to be a 7. it was opening at 4 the first day i got it tuned from my crappy tuner. he told me to get a turbo xs boost controller and he hooked it up like this....

boost source to boost controller and from boost controller straight to the bottom of the wg. i was told that it was gradually making it open slower. my new one is gonna be and 8 and im gonna run it just the spring and no boost controller. after the first time i noticed it go to 15 lbs i looked tried to turn my boost controller down and it was all the way to the right meaning closed. so it has to be creeping through it.