Virgil Retune At Sar

8 UR HMI

yesterday at the track it was really fat like 10.1 or lower cause my wideband doesnt read any lower. the 11.4-11.9 was going about 50mph.

the spring was apparently a 4lb but was suppose to be a 7. it was opening at 4 the first day i got it tuned from my crappy tuner. he told me to get a turbo xs boost controller and he hooked it up like this....

boost source to boost controller and from boost controller straight to the bottom of the wg. i was told that it was gradually making it open slower. my new one is gonna be and 8 and im gonna run it just the spring and no boost controller. after the first time i noticed it go to 15 lbs i looked tried to turn my boost controller down and it was all the way to the right meaning closed. so it has to be creeping through it.

im still lost how you say crappy tuner but everytime you speakon it, it checks out. anything with XS i'd be very cautious about. i have a greddy EBC and i run a 5lb spring. my EBC on low i can see as high as 18psi. i havent yet clicked on the high side.

if you knew you had boost issues with the controller why idnt you just bypass the controller and run souly off the spring? this would of been a safter and smarter thing to do then just play with throttle.

also a stock motor can hold more psi then many assume. the reason the motor fails is cause of tunes. these motors from factory are very stout and have proven themselves plenty of times. high IATs and a lean tune is why they fail.

if you dont mind me asking who did your tune the first time?

neal from THE CAR SHOP in killeen texas. i didnt know i had boost issues until yesterday. i had to find out the hard way. my injectors can keep up with about 10psi but not anymore cause it goes lean.

when im driving around at about 50mph and go into boost the afr is great but on a strip in wot, its really fat off the line then it leans out to good afr, and then it spikes to 12-15 and my afr goes to 13.6 and i have to let off. im gonna take off the boost controller and run the boost source straight to my wg and see if it opens at 4lbs.

neal from THE CAR SHOP in killeen texas. i didnt know i had boost issues until yesterday. i had to find out the hard way. my injectors can keep up with about 10psi but not anymore cause it goes lean.

when im driving around at about 50mph and go into boost the afr is great but on a strip in wot, its really fat off the line then it leans out to good afr, and then it spikes to 12-15 and my afr goes to 13.6 and i have to let off. im gonna take off the boost controller and run the boost source straight to my wg and see if it opens at 4lbs.

o never heard of them. a turbo'd auto vehicle is actually pretty simple to tune, my 6spd setup isnt to tricky either. my 42s were limited to 9psi on my setup but thats apples to oranges. do you have a fuel psi guage? if so get one asap that inline pump isnt helping you. if you plan to get greedy as we all do plan to do dual intank pumps. a single pump only supports my combo at 9. on 13psi i lose psi fast. a single intank is only good for about 500rwhp

btw the 5% was suppose to be 5 degrees. ask virgil what all he did and stuff. he knows a hell of a lot more then i ever will lol

wow, thats deffently safe. step it up on timing and that sucker will really wake up just becareful tho

First off Casey with the white truck is a great guy and no bad should be said about him, now if you dont like the Neal guy then go after him personally.

There main VE table, IFR table, Speed limiter, PE table, and high Octane spark tables were adjusted. I didnt touch the timing tables cause they were safe, so safe it has 5 degrees at anything above 4200rpm, i messed with a few things also

First off Casey with the white truck is a great guy and no bad should be said about him, now if you dont like the Neal guy then go after him personally.

There main VE table, IFR table, Speed limiter, PE table, and high Octane spark tables were adjusted. I didnt touch the timing tables cause they were safe, so safe it has 5 degrees at anything above 4200rpm, i messed with a few things also

so above 4200 its 5* how about when the turbo hits? what is timing at that point? for my boosted table i have anything over 76 g/cy my timing goes from 20 down to 16. since mysetup at various speeds and rpms i can load turbo differently. one thing with a turbo is your dont tune like you do NA for timing or fuel. NA its simpler as its a set value. also a thing with turbo is to set PE delay to zero

untitled-4.jpg

now not saying this timing table is Ideal but works very well for me with my combo. never any KR and pretty fast spooling and decent throttle response off boost