Tcs 4l60e Gb

sprayed99

This is interesting.

We may have gone over this already, but why no mention of anything over 2800 stall when the most popular stall speed from other major manufacturers seems to be 3200?

Because the TCS 2800 even though it does stall at 2800 on the nose up until that point it is loose like a competitor's 3000-3200 product; the stator in the TCS is different so they have a little more torque multiplication in them. But if you want something that is dedicated track use TCS can make one to whatever design spec you need.

Give you a real-life example from my own AWD truck - BONE stock motor/manifolds, factory Goodyears, a Corsa catback and TCS 2800 converter, I launced hard one night in Oklahoma City from a stoplight, sounded cool as hell and everything was great until about 1/2-way through the intersection and 30-ish MPH the converter finally locked-up and ripped all four wheels loose at 30+ mph :eek: that was a depends moment, the entire truck slid about 2-feet sideways. Point is, when this converter 'hits' it has a little more hammer to it; I *love* it. When TCS makes the 2600 the change in stator rate is not so aggressive, intended for use in forced-induction trucks and drivers wanting a less drama.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...