Dual Intank Fuel Pump

with that many pumps i would just get a large external pump. thats to many variables to deal with. remember the saying KISS....keep it simple stupid!!!

I would agree with Quik, There are many aftermarket ultra flow fuel systems however they are usually BIG bucks and not really designed for DD. Maybe get creative with dual Aeromotive A1000's with a custom fuel cell in the bed done with -10AN lines. If you are looking for a "Bolt-in" pump system, I personally would get the Magnaflow MAGMP-4700.

MAGMP-4700.jpg

I doubt you will need more fuel than that puppy can flow however if for some reason you need to support over 2000HP, their prostar EFI 600 is wicked!

MAGMP-4701.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking of going a cell with a external pump. the one from magnafuel for around 450 was what i was eyeing up. im going on my second set of walboros. if this set goes im going to external sooner then expected

well im thinking and possibly make two bosch 420's work. one inline fed from the dual walbros and sump the tank in the rear for a 2nd 420 on a hobbs switch as well.

inline is more of a bandaid then anything. my other question is why use off a hobbs switch? i run my 2 pumps at same time and my idle isnt overly rich or anything. nice solid fuel psi at all times. i dont like the hobbs switch thing cause its one more thing that can fail

with a 04 is the tank different ring? can you just use a 03 and older unit?

The 04 up have a completely different basket. The top ring is larger, and most of the space is taken up by the evap stuff. I have been thinking of using some of ATL's products, especially the duck foot pickup with an exyernal pump. Making it a return system, of course

http://www.atlinc.com/download.php?file=pd...lScavenging.pdf

I would agree with Quik, There are many aftermarket ultra flow fuel systems however they are usually BIG bucks and not really designed for DD. Maybe get creative with dual Aeromotive A1000's with a custom fuel cell in the bed done with -10AN lines. If you are looking for a "Bolt-in" pump system, I personally would get the Magnaflow MAGMP-4700.

MAGMP-4700.jpg

I doubt you will need more fuel than that puppy can flow however if for some reason you need to support over 2000HP, their prostar EFI 600 is wicked!

MAGMP-4701.jpg

whew, talking about pricey. and that efi 600 got some pretty damn impressive numbers but i would never need that... even the 4700 can support more than i will do.

Just out of curiousity how hard would it be to get a fuel cell to work with all that evap stuff we have on our vehicles???

I bought a complete used fuel pump module, just to take apart, and look at. You would not believe the engineering that went into that little piece of shit!! Between the evap system, and the reg, filter........MAN!!!!!! I'm not sure how you adapt the factory evap system, and have it work properly. Now......if you had plenty of time, and some machine/fab experience.......sure it could be done.

awesome, and dont worry i dont take my vehicles to the dealership for work i do as much as i can. I cant paint or weld but other than that i do all my own work with help from friends and family. I forgot to call aeromotive today but i think i might actually do the fuel cell thing..... depending on total price

there is so much useless things the manufactor puts on these vehicles for EPA shit isnt even funny. to much to make it complicated and so everyone can say to much stuff ill let dealer fix it. my truck is so basic its like a 75 chevy with a few extra wires.

dont need smog, dont need evap, dont need air, dont need cats, dont need egr. im sure im forgetting other shit. motors ran for years with no issues without this stuff. let epa in here and they ruin vehicles. and for some that say fumes. properly tune your vehicle and you wont have that.